Oops -- RE: [midatlanticretro] S-100 systems

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14 8:17 PM
      Sorry everyone, especially to you Herb! Obviously my message to Kelly was
      supposed to be private.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15 4:02 PM
        (chuckle) Well, I *am* Dr. S-100. I'm not afraid of the truth; can you
        handle the truth? ;)

        Seriously, I have one working S-100 system I was going to take to
        Deleware: a Northstar Horizon, which boots from two 5.25 inch drives.
        Uses hard-sectored disks of course. But I have some other S-100 systems
        I need to massage before I know if they will boot or not; don't know
        when that will be. No Altairs for sale, not this year.

        A P4 at 1.8GHz would be of incremental interest, presumably with DDR
        memory and not RamBus, but anymore they are not hard to come across
        cheap, some tens of dollars. I could trade a couple of 800MHz P3's for
        one I suppose...

        Kelly, you should contact me privately about this need for S-100 stuff.

        Herb Johnson

        Posted by: "Evan Koblentz" evan@... evan947
        Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:17 pm (PST)
        Sorry everyone, especially to you Herb! Obviously my message to Kelly
        was supposed to be private.

        You should send a private message to Herb Johnson if you want good
        stuff. He's really Mr. S-100 around here.

        Well, Bill's recent success has struck home. I'm now interested in

        --

        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15 7:17 PM
          Herb,\
          I would be interested in S-100 era, S-50, etc. I am sure there are a lot of
          others. A lot of us in this group are new to the S-100 hardware and we
          need to learn more to even know what we need, if you know what I mean. I
          was too young to have access to systems from the 70's. You could both
          educate and sell at a swap meet like we have planned.

          A working S-100 system today is an accomplishment.
          Bill