Basement cleanup

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2006
      Hi Gang:

      I think I've mentioned this before, but I have a bunch of Commodore
      items which I'd like to place into the hands of MARCH. I have quite
      a few issues of Compute! and Commodore Gazzette, and magazines like
      that, that deserve to be put into a group library, or to someone who
      might want to conserve them for posterity. I have a number of
      related books, too.

      Also, I have a bunch of C-64s and 1541 drives... mostly acquired from
      people who were getting rid of them and I was taking in all these
      orphan machines.

      In addition, I have a few PC type machines.. mostly 286 based. And,
      I have Mac gear, too: a 512K, a Mac Plus, and a LC-III.

      I really don't know the operational status of these items, but they
      all worked when last used... which was quite some time ago. Most
      likely, clock batteries are kaput, etc.

      But, I'd sure like to see this stuff go to someone who would like it,
      rather than sending it to a landfill, or recycling center. My town
      (East Brunswick) has a recycling center, and they have a large
      dumpster to receive old computers and monitors.

      So, if you think you could help out by giving these things a new home
      or a place in the MARCH museum, pop me an email.

      73 de Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2006
        Ray,
        Would you like to bring to the swap meet? I would be willing to pick up
        your items and hold for this event. Contact me off list.
        Bill

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2006
          Ray, I live nearby, so see my off-list email.

          - Evan