Re: [midatlanticretro] swapmeet item cutoff

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 2 9:02 AM
      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Yeah I know. As far as I'm concerned, all 386/486 gear should be officially
      > asterisked-out from the cutoff date. That stuff has NO PLACE in our club.

      You're being *WAAY* too microcomputer-oriented. I would *DEFINITELY*
      consider a large multiprocessor 486-based Sequent DYNIX box to be a
      classic. It would probably be considered a minicromputer.

      And what about the Sun 386i?

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Dan
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 4 12:55 PM
        I use to play Wumpus back in High School in the 70's on a Honeywell 1646
        minicomputer.
        Teletype and all (could never find what happened to that machine)
        whadda flashback that is

        =Dan

        [My Corner of Cyberspace http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
        [Pittsburgh Robotics Society http://www.pghrobotics.org/ ]
        [Pgh Vintage Comp.Society groups.yahoo.com/group/pghvintagecomp/ ]