Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: October 7th Wilm. Delaware Swap Meet Info Update

  • Dan Veeneman
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 1, 2006
      In reading through the conversation about the swap meet,
      I'm curious if Herb's price ranges are going to be common
      among vendors. I appreciate his efforts to discuss this
      issue beforehand - it will help me to decide whether several
      hours of driving would be worthwhile.

      Cheers,

      Dan

      > So I have a stack of SGI Indy computers that I could offer for maybe
      > $10-$20 each because there are few inquiries about them today. But
      > they were built in the early 1990's and so I can't bring them. OTOH I
      > have some HP 87 desktops, they were offered in 1982 so they make the
      > cut, but probably at a few hundred dollars each (?). I have some Apple
      > II type items, but they go for zero or a few tens of dollars - not
      > worth the space they'd take up in my car.
      >
      > Almost none of my Macintosh stuff will pass the "1989" test; just some
      > compact Macs like the Plus and older. Not even the Color Classic makes
      > the cut, it's from 1993.
      >
      > And what about old S-100 stuff? will anyone there be interested in a
      > big box with some boards in it, if it does not say "IMSAI" or "MITS"?
      > I can bring a working Northstar Horizon (an S-100 system) but again
      > it's a $200 or more proposition; and would a NorthStar Advantage (not
      > S-100, looks like a terminal) sell for a similar price or just look
      > funny on my table?
    • Dan
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 4, 2006
        I use to play Wumpus back in High School in the 70's on a Honeywell 1646
        minicomputer.
        Teletype and all (could never find what happened to that machine)
        whadda flashback that is

        =Dan

        [My Corner of Cyberspace http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
        [Pittsburgh Robotics Society http://www.pghrobotics.org/ ]
        [Pgh Vintage Comp.Society groups.yahoo.com/group/pghvintagecomp/ ]