Re: [midatlanticretro] Everyone -- please reply to this email

  • William Donzelli
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
      > You guys have indoor plumbing and paved roads up there?

      They even have electricity, inlike parts of Queens.

      I think that MARCH should probably have several local chapters - even
      completely informal - where the "locals" could meet and do stuff. One
      of these days one will form around Poughkeepsie, NY, where real
      computers come from.

      --
      Will
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
        William Donzelli wrote:
        >> You guys have indoor plumbing and paved roads up there?
        >
        > They even have electricity, inlike parts of Queens.
        >
        > I think that MARCH should probably have several local chapters - even
        > completely informal - where the "locals" could meet and do stuff. One
        > of these days one will form around Poughkeepsie, NY, where real
        > computers come from.

        Damn straight!

        Peace... Sridhar
      • rkushnier
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
          Sorry,

          Boston's too far for me to travel. One or two hours by car from
          Philly is about all I can do.

          Ron Kushnier
        • Dan
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
            I like the idea of Local Chapters
            Although, there's only probably only 2 of us out here that are
            considered 'active' on our list.
            I guess Pittsburgh is not exactly considered "Mid-Atlantic", more like
            "Far-Atlantic"
            Sort of like a remote outpost.
            It's about a 6hr drive, depending how fast you race over the mountains.
            Long Island was alot closer when I lived there years ago.

            =Dan

            [My Corner of Cyberspace http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
            [Pittsburgh Robotics Society http://www.pghrobotics.org/ ]
            [Pgh Vintage Comp.Society groups.yahoo.com/group/pghvintagecomp/ ]