RE: [midatlanticretro] Everyone -- please reply to this email

    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
      >>> Well, in my case, distance is the thing that prevents me from joining
      *any* MARCH activity. The activities planned and presented are around 7 to 9
      hours drive away from Jamestown.

      You guys have indoor plumbing and paved roads up there?
    • William Donzelli
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
        > You guys have indoor plumbing and paved roads up there?

        They even have electricity, inlike parts of Queens.

        I think that MARCH should probably have several local chapters - even
        completely informal - where the "locals" could meet and do stuff. One
        of these days one will form around Poughkeepsie, NY, where real
        computers come from.

        --
        Will
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
          William Donzelli wrote:
          >> You guys have indoor plumbing and paved roads up there?
          >
          > They even have electricity, inlike parts of Queens.
          >
          > I think that MARCH should probably have several local chapters - even
          > completely informal - where the "locals" could meet and do stuff. One
          > of these days one will form around Poughkeepsie, NY, where real
          > computers come from.

          Damn straight!

          Peace... Sridhar
        • rkushnier
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
            Sorry,

            Boston's too far for me to travel. One or two hours by car from
            Philly is about all I can do.

            Ron Kushnier
          • Dan
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
              I like the idea of Local Chapters
              Although, there's only probably only 2 of us out here that are
              considered 'active' on our list.
              I guess Pittsburgh is not exactly considered "Mid-Atlantic", more like
              "Far-Atlantic"
              Sort of like a remote outpost.
              It's about a 6hr drive, depending how fast you race over the mountains.
              Long Island was alot closer when I lived there years ago.

              =Dan

              [My Corner of Cyberspace http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
              [Pittsburgh Robotics Society http://www.pghrobotics.org/ ]
              [Pgh Vintage Comp.Society groups.yahoo.com/group/pghvintagecomp/ ]