RE: [midatlanticretro] swapmeet item cutoff

    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 1, 2006
      Booooooooooo.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: B. Degnan [mailto:billdeg@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 2:53 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] swapmeet item cutoff

      Evan (all),

      "1989 is the advertised cutoff date". If it was made before January 1, 1990
      it's "legal"

      Most 286's would therefore qualify for this event.

      Bill

      At 02:10 PM 8/1/2006 -0400, you wrote:
      >I expect the swapmeet to be a complete hodgepodge of everything. There
      >would naturally be more 70s/80s micro gear because so much more of that
      >equipment was manufactured. LOL, but I can vouch for anyone that you
      >are not an evil dealer-type.
      >
      >As far as I'm concerned, the cut-off date is * understood * to just
      >keep out the 286-and-newer PC gear. Yes, we fully intend to be snobby
      about that.

      >I don't have much to sell from my personal collection, because (as a
      >general
      >rule) I don't buy stuff unless I really want it. But I'm sure a few
      >things will turn up.

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Dan
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 4, 2006
        I use to play Wumpus back in High School in the 70's on a Honeywell 1646
        minicomputer.
        Teletype and all (could never find what happened to that machine)
        whadda flashback that is

        =Dan

        [My Corner of Cyberspace http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
        [Pittsburgh Robotics Society http://www.pghrobotics.org/ ]
        [Pgh Vintage Comp.Society groups.yahoo.com/group/pghvintagecomp/ ]