Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: October 7th Wilm. Delaware Swap Meet Info Update

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 31, 2006
      1989 is the advertised cutoff date. Bring your old stuff, hopefully you can
      get a good price for it.
      Bill D

      In a message dated 7/31/2006 5:42:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      hjohnson@... writes:

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "billdeg" <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > > As a *general* rule of
      > > thumb, items manufactured before 1989 are desired. It is not the
      > > intention of this group to define by year the term "vintage
      > > computers".
      > >

      > I have some SGI systems I thought about bringing, such as a stack of
      > Indy computers; and some other industrial/graphics computers of that
      > sort. But they date AFTER 1989, into the early 1990's. I was
      > a little surprised by the 1989 year, when it was first posted, but I
      > wanted to see what other people would say before I spoke up. I have
      > not seen any traffic to complain about this date, so I'm reluctant to
      > start a discussion.
      >
      > I can bring some old(er) stuff but I may want more for it, than I'd
      > want for some SGI or other stuff. I'll see about making and posting a
      > list of possibles, with some dates before and after 1989. Any comments?
      >
      > Herb JOhnson
      >
      > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    • Dan
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 4, 2006
        I use to play Wumpus back in High School in the 70's on a Honeywell 1646
        minicomputer.
        Teletype and all (could never find what happened to that machine)
        whadda flashback that is

        =Dan

        [My Corner of Cyberspace http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
        [Pittsburgh Robotics Society http://www.pghrobotics.org/ ]
        [Pgh Vintage Comp.Society groups.yahoo.com/group/pghvintagecomp/ ]