Cancel or ...? / was: RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: More people for Boston trip?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
      Herb, I respectfully disagree. The subway up there closes shortly after
      midnight, and since this trip only involves one overnight stay, it's vastly
      easier to be in the heart of Cambridge. As mentioned in a prior update, the
      $134 price even includes parking, WiFi, and breakfast. I'm as poor as
      anyone else here, and I think the price is quite good.

      BUT ... would more people go if we changed it to September or October?
      Please speak up now, everyone ...

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Herb, I respectfully disagree. The subway up there closes shortly after
        > midnight, and since this trip only involves one overnight stay, it's vastly
        > easier to be in the heart of Cambridge. As mentioned in a prior update, the
        > $134 price even includes parking, WiFi, and breakfast. I'm as poor as
        > anyone else here, and I think the price is quite good.
        >
        > BUT ... would more people go if we changed it to September or October?
        > Please speak up now, everyone ...

        With my current situation August isn't a good month as I will be moving
        at the end of it... September or October would be much better for me.

        Thanks,

        Bryan
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > Herb, I respectfully disagree. The subway up there closes shortly after
          > midnight, and since this trip only involves one overnight stay, it's vastly
          > easier to be in the heart of Cambridge. As mentioned in a prior update, the
          > $134 price even includes parking, WiFi, and breakfast. I'm as poor as
          > anyone else here, and I think the price is quite good.
          >
          > BUT ... would more people go if we changed it to September or October?
          > Please speak up now, everyone ...

          I would definitely go in September. One of my best friends is getting
          married in October, so I couldn't make it the weekend of the 12th, if
          that's when the flea market is.

          It's not so much that I didn't have the money, it's that I had other
          things I *need* to spend it on.

          Peace... Sridhar