October 7th Wilm. Delaware Swap Meet Info Update

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 29, 2006
      ---Note the "open area" has been more clearly defined, plus an FAQ
      ---has been added to address questions I have received recently.

      Midatlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists Present:

      THE WILMINGTON DELAWARE VINTAGE COMPUTING SWAPMEET
      2800 square feet of hard-to-find "classic" computers (pre-internet
      age), gaming, test equipment, parts and supplies, software,
      electronics, manuals, and more!

      DATE: October 7

      WHERE:
      504 Market Street
      2nd floor / Copeland Room
      Wilmington, Delaware 19801

      EVENT STARTS: 10AM
      AUCTION: 2:30PM (auction items to be announced prior to event)
      EVENT ENDS: 4PM

      PUBLIC ADMISSION: $5.00 ($7.00 per family)
      EXHIBITORS: $15.00 (per 8'x10' space) and first dibs on the available
      6x2 tables. Contact Bill D with Inquiries See old-computers.com,
      vintage-computer.com or similar hobby web sites for examples of the
      kinds of items appropriate for this swap meet. As a *general* rule of
      thumb, items manufactured before 1989 are desired. It is not the
      intention of this group to define by year the term "vintage
      computers".

      EXHIBITOR SPACES: Each exhibitor will be assigned a specific space in
      the exhibitor area, there will also be a non-reserved open area that
      will be first come first served. See below for contact information.

      TABLES: There is a limited number of tables; first come, first
      served. Once the available tables are reserved, exhibitors and others
      will be responsible for their own tables or floor mats. The floor is
      carpeted so please arrange to ground your sensitive electronic
      components.

      OPEN AREA: There will be a rather large first-come-first-served open
      area for persons who wish to bring their items for swap, who don't
      need a reserved exhibit space.

      PROCEEDS BENEFIT:
      The Midatlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists (501c)

      PARKING: Free parking across the street in parking lot, but first
      come first served.

      TRAVEL AND DINING:
      There are ample restaurants and hotels in downtown Wilmington.
      The swap meet is walking distance from the Amtrak station.

      FAQ:
      Q: I want to sell (trade or give away) an item or two but I don't
      want to pay for an entire table, is there a way to do this?
      A#1: Yes, in addition to the reserved table spaces there is plenty of
      room for everyone to bring their items in the "open area"
      A#2: OR you can include your one item in the auction, or both.

      Q: What's being auctioned?
      A: This info will be posted on http://marchclub.org/swapmeet.htm as
      it becomes available.

      Q: I want to sell (or trade or give away) my stuff. What kind of
      items should I bring?
      A: See old-computers.com, vintage-computer.com or similar hobby web
      sites for examples of the kinds of items appropriate for this swap
      meet. As a *general* rule of thumb, items manufactured before 1989
      are desired. It is not the intention of this group to define by year
      the term "vintage computers" but please no old pentiums!

      Other Questions: Bill D
      Visit this web site regularly for an updated list of scheduled
      exhibitors and items to be sold and/or auctioned. This information is
      not yet available
    • Dan
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 4 12:55 PM
        I use to play Wumpus back in High School in the 70's on a Honeywell 1646
        minicomputer.
        Teletype and all (could never find what happened to that machine)
        whadda flashback that is

        =Dan

        [My Corner of Cyberspace http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
        [Pittsburgh Robotics Society http://www.pghrobotics.org/ ]
        [Pgh Vintage Comp.Society groups.yahoo.com/group/pghvintagecomp/ ]