RE: [midatlanticretro] [Fwd: good home for a DEC VT-180]

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006
      I emailed the guy today, hopefully we'll hear back soon.

      Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:34:21 -0400 (EDT)
      From: Ariel Weinberg <asweinbe@...>
      To: cctalk@...

      My employer has a DEC VT-180 with keyboard, disk drives, printer, software,
      cables, and manuals, all in original boxes with original packing slips,
      sitting unused on a shelf. Where should I look or who should I contact who
      would be interested in it? Several local and national computer history
      museums and centers have politely declined our offer already. Ideally the
      recipient would have some use, either practical (data recovery?) or
      educational, for it; my employer would prefer it to go to a home where it
      would be used and/or publicly displayed, rather than sitting idle in a
      private collection.

      This is in the Greater Boston area, and we are unlikely to be able to
      package and ship it.

      Thanks for any suggestions!

      Ariel

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/WktRrD/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM