[Fwd: good home for a DEC VT-180]

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006
      Do we have a VT-180?

      Peace... Sridhar

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: good home for a DEC VT-180
      Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:34:21 -0400 (EDT)
      From: Ariel Weinberg <asweinbe@...>
      To: cctalk@...

      My employer has a DEC VT-180 with keyboard, disk drives, printer,
      software, cables, and manuals, all in original boxes with original packing
      slips, sitting unused on a shelf. Where should I look or who should I
      contact who would be interested in it? Several local and national
      computer history museums and centers have politely declined our offer
      already. Ideally the recipient would have some use, either practical
      (data recovery?) or educational, for it; my employer would prefer it to go
      to a home where it would be used and/or publicly displayed, rather than
      sitting idle in a private collection.

      This is in the Greater Boston area, and we are unlikely to be able to
      package and ship it.

      Thanks for any suggestions!

      Ariel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006
        I emailed the guy today, hopefully we'll hear back soon.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/WktRrD/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM