RE: Boston update, re: hotels -- great news / forgot to include the URL

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2006
      Here's the hotel site for background info: http://kendallhotel.com/

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Evan Koblentz [mailto:evan@...]
      Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 3:29 PM
      To: 'midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: Boston update, re: hotels -- great news

      This is great news for those are going, and equally great news for those on
      the fence -- just now I made calls to five hotels in the central part of
      Cambridge (by Central and Kendall squares) -- four gave rates of 150-225 a
      night, but the Kendall Hotel gave us a rate of $134 with parking, wifi, and
      breakfast all included! That is a phenomenal price!! The Kendall is a
      small boutique hotel and it's located quite literally adjacent to the MIT
      campus in, as you'd guess, Kendall Square. (For those who aren't aware,
      Kendall Square is at the eastern end of the campus, just one subway stop
      from Central Square and two stops from Harvard Square. It's a very hip,
      safe, walkable area.)

      We're not going to find any better rates than this unless we go farther into
      the Cambridge suburb where there's a Days Inn and stuff. But that would
      require taking cabs or driving into downtown which is pretty stupid.

      So, to those who've committed -- Bill D., Jim S., David Comley -- you guys
      should email me off-list if this sounds as good to you as it does to me.
      For anyone else who's interested now because of the great price, you should
      also email me, or posting on-list is fine too.

      The group reservatons woman who quoted me this price said she can't
      gaurantee availability beyond one week from now. That's probably half true
      and half sales pitch, which is understandable, but in case ya'll haven't
      noticed this trip is less than four weeks away. So it is important that we
      not delay in making our plans.

      - Evan