Info on any Mac: Mactraker

  • us21090
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19 9:08 AM
      New to me: MacTracker http://mactracker.ca/ . It's freeware and runs
      on Mac (OS X, Classic 8/9), Windows or iPod.

      Their blurb:
      -----------------
      Mactracker provides detailed information on every Apple, Motorola,
      PowerComputing, and UMAX Mac OS computer ever made, including items
      such as processor speed, memory, optical drives, graphic cards,
      supported Mac OS versions, and expansion options. Also included is
      information on Apple mice, keyboards, displays, printers, scanners,
      digital cameras, iPod, AirPort Base Stations, Newtons, and Mac OS
      versions.
      -----------------

      Pretty cool, with photos, icons and Start-up sounds from various
      machines/OSes! It appears by "every Apple... ever made", he means
      starting in 1983. I was interested in (pre-Mac) Apple-1 (1976).

      The Mac OS X version of MacTraker is very nice and packed full of
      information.

      Scott Austin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20 9:43 AM
        Scott,

        Thanks for posting this. I had lost my link to this resource. It is really helpful whenever I'm presented with a Mac - especially since I know nothing about the different models.

        Jim