Way early, but just FYI

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2006
      Tonight I booked my flight for VCF 9.0 -- as usual it's the first weekend in
      November (the 4th-5th) at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View,
      California. With an itinerary of Newark to San Francisco, the best price I
      could find was $338 from United Airlines.

      I could do my own exhibit (a GOOD version of the "Ancient Laptops" exhibit
      that I shouldn't have even attempted for the East 2.0 event), or, we could
      brainstorm about making a MARCH exhibit if others plan to attend as well.

      I'm going for the whole week prior and leaving the following Monday (Oct.
      30-Nov. 6) with the first few days just being a personal vacation in the San
      Francisco area. Sometime mid-week (Wed. or Thurs.) is when I'll flip the
      nerd switch and poke my head into Silicon Valley.

      But first, the HOPE conference is this weekend, then our Boston road trip,
      then InfoAge's mid-Sept. event (opening of the Broadcasters Hall of Fame,
      for which we need to be present with a couple of exhibits), then our
      southern swap meet (thanks Bill Degnan!)... wow that is one event per month
      for five consecutive months! Then we can relax in December hopefully, but
      you know what? Sometime in January we'll need to start planning VCF Midwest
      4.0. :)

      Maybe it's all the caffeine I digested today, but man, is this club a
      success story or what?

      Sometime in December we should have a holiday party / second anniversary
      party.
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2006
        Evan,

        just FYI, I see you booked your tickets already. Not sure if you checked
        Spirit Airlines already.
        They have flights out of Atlantic city(might be closer) to San Fran with
        1 stopover(about 1hr wait).
        Round trip Biz fare is $196
        They're cheap but reliable, can't complain.
        But they never show up on the search results of Expedia,Orbitz or others
        becuz they're all rigged.

        =Dan

        .~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
        [My Corner of Cyberspace http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
        [Pittsburgh Robotics Society Got Robot? http://www.pghrobotics.org/ ]
        .~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 20, 2006
          Hmm, I never heard of Spirit. But it's a two-hour drive from here to AC,
          and I wouldn't get my frequent flyer miles, and I hate stopovers. So to me
          it's worth paying the extra $150 for a mainstream flight.

          Thanks for thinking of me though!

          just FYI, I see you booked your tickets already. Not sure if you checked
          Spirit Airlines already.
          They have flights out of Atlantic city(might be closer) to San Fran with
          1 stopover(about 1hr wait).
          Round trip Biz fare is $196
          They're cheap but reliable, can't complain.
          But they never show up on the search results of Expedia,Orbitz or others
          becuz they're all rigged.

          =Dan

          .~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~.
          [My Corner of Cyberspace
          http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
          [Pittsburgh Robotics Society Got Robot?
          http://www.pghrobotics.org/ ]
          [Pittsburgh Vintage Comp.Society
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pghvintagecomp/ ]
          ~~~.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 20, 2006
            Who else might make the trek to VCF 9 this year?

            For me this is an annual vacation so I'm really looking forward to it.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 21, 2006
              I believe that I will be able to go. I am going to start thinking through
              the details.
              Bill