Latest info about HOPE this weekend

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 11, 2006
      The conference organizers seem pretty disorganized about things, so we're
      going to just do the best we can based on the little info they've provided.

      The show is this Friday - Sunday, but we're only going for Saturday. The
      speakers begin at 9AM. I'm not clear on what time the exhibits area opens,
      but assuming it's also 9AM, then we should arrive for at least 8AM to set
      up. I will update these times if and when the organizers send me better
      information.

      Myself, Bill Degnan, and Sridhar are confirmed. We will each bring a small
      assortment of vintage computers with * modest * exhibits. Bill Sudbrink,
      we're rooting for you to come as well!

      Anyone else .... Bueller .... Bueller?
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 11, 2006
        Correction -- it's next weekend, not this weekend.

        The conference organizers seem pretty disorganized about things, so we're
        going to just do the best we can based on the little info they've provided.

        The show is this Friday - Sunday, but we're only going for Saturday. The
        speakers begin at 9AM. I'm not clear on what time the exhibits area opens,
        but assuming it's also 9AM, then we should arrive for at least 8AM to set
        up. I will update these times if and when the organizers send me better
        information.

        Myself, Bill Degnan, and Sridhar are confirmed. We will each bring a small
        assortment of vintage computers with * modest * exhibits. Bill Sudbrink,
        we're rooting for you to come as well!

        Anyone else .... Bueller .... Bueller?

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 11, 2006
          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > Correction -- it's next weekend, not this weekend.

          I was about to say something. 8-)

          Peace... Sridhar
        • Bill Sudbrink
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 14, 2006
            > Bill Sudbrink, we're rooting for you to come as well!

            OK. Negotiations with Her Majesty, er... um, my wife are
            complete and I will be able to come. Shall we try to
            coordinate what we are bringing? The two machines that I
            have easiest access to at the moment are an IMSAI and a SOL.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 14, 2006
              Excellent news! Tell your wife that MARCH extends its thanks. :)

              As far as I know... Sridhar's bringing a Sol-20, Bill Degnan will do some
              Commodore things (I'm guessing!), and I will bring a few obscenely old
              laptops (as you might guess right back.) Display-wise, go with something
              very simple -- more like at Trenton, or less, than at VCF.

              Of course I will also bring some MARCH literature and our banner. Learning
              from the last Trenton event, I will also bring something stable from which
              to hang said banner.

              Anybody else? We'll probably have about 56 sq. ft. to fill and we will
              definitely meet some cool hackers.

              > Bill Sudbrink, we're rooting for you to come as well!

              OK. Negotiations with Her Majesty, er... um, my wife are complete and I
              will be able to come. Shall we try to coordinate what we are bringing? The
              two machines that I have easiest access to at the moment are an IMSAI and a
              SOL.

              Bill

              ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> See
              what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
            • mmelnick
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 14, 2006
                how do I get into the event?

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 14, 2006
                  Matt,

                  I'll send a list of names to the event organizer. I assume your last name
                  is Melnick?

                  The event is Friday through Sunday, but we'll only be there Saturday (July
                  22). I believe it opens at 9am, and I believe we'll be on the first floor,
                  but I'm not absolutely certain. I hope to have those details confirmed
                  before the event. If not, just call me when you arrive. My cell phone
                  number is 646.546.9999.

                  What could your bring?

                  - Evan

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 14, 2006
                    Their web site has extensive directions: http://www.hopenumbersix.net/travel.html

                    Jim

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 17, 2006
                      Finally heard back from the HOPE organizers this morning. They confirmed
                      the 8AM set-up time. As expected, they also want the names of who's
                      attending withing the next couple of days. So, if you want to attend
                      Saturday and help us out and not have to pay, then ping me ASAP. Whatever
                      happens, please do not wait until Friday or even Saturday to come forward.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 17, 2006
                        Can you add my son, Ben?

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 17, 2006
                          Will do.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 17, 2006
                            Evan Koblentz wrote:
                            > Finally heard back from the HOPE organizers this morning. They confirmed
                            > the 8AM set-up time. As expected, they also want the names of who's
                            > attending withing the next couple of days. So, if you want to attend
                            > Saturday and help us out and not have to pay, then ping me ASAP. Whatever
                            > happens, please do not wait until Friday or even Saturday to come forward.

                            My full name is Sridhar Ayengar, and I'll be there.

                            Peace... Sridhar
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 17, 2006
                              Yup, it shows up as "Sridhar Ayengar" in my inbox. I was kind of hoping
                              that's a code name for something more sophisticated like, say, Larry
                              Ellison. But I guess Sridhar Ayengar will have to suffice! :)