Hello fello geeks

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
      Hi all you vintage computer geeks. I was sent here to chk this out by
      Bryan Pope in irc #c64friends. I myself do collect Commodore stuff. I
      also run a C= BBS which can be connected via telnet or program called
      cgterm(Supports C= graphics) wizbbs.dyndns.org:23 stop by take a run
      down memory lane... Well i wasted enough of your time l8r

      Ray(WizardNJ)
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
        Ray, welcome to our group!

        Where in NJ are you located?

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
          Ray,

          I tried opening your web site and could not. Is 23 the correct port? Have you set an 'off line' port on dyndns.org? I ran a web site from my basement for a couple of years using that technique to get around the port blocking of my (then) ISP.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 11, 2006
            Hi Jim

            My website is @ http://www.c64world.com just uploaded last month
            need alot of work but hardware page some just a little bit of hardware
            i have for Commodore.
            MY BBS is telnet://wizbbs.dyndns.org:23(can use MS telnet or CGTERM
            located at http://paradroid.net/cgterm)

            Sorry for the confusion

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 22, 2006
              Ray,

              I just connected to your BBS - what a trip down memory lane! In my case, 'trip' being the operative word. I used the "advanced" Windows Telnet (part of Windows Services for UNIX) and was in the wrong duplex mode so everything echoed back to me. The ANSI graphics were great. Is this an emulation or is it really running on a Commodore machine? Also, my teminal seemed to be short one line (24 not 25?) and thus would ask for a keypress before displaying the actual prompt. All of this is, of course, are problems on my end. No doubt my experience would have been better on a real C128.

              BTW, do you have any experience with the GEOS windowing system for Commodore machines? This might be part of my exhibit at VCF next year.

              Jim

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 22, 2006
                Hi Jim

                Not sure about the telnet client your using really has best
                graphics if you use programn called CGTERM which emulates commodore
                c/g graphics. You can change the line #'s to where you would like your
                pause to be at if youe losing of gaining an extra line in your
                settings. I know the menu has a large list that can cause a extra
                pause in there. Yes this is running on a C128 with a Lt.Kernal
                HD(152mb) Swiftlink rs232 cart. It wouldnt be as fun to run from an
                emulator I think :) Geos is about the least I know I am currently
                putting it on my CMD HD to finally learn something about it myself.

                L8r
                Ray

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:

                > Ray,
                >
                > I just connected to your BBS - what a trip down memory lane! In my
                case, 'trip' being the operative word. I used the "advanced" Windows
                Telnet (part of Windows Services for UNIX) and was in the wrong duplex
                mode so everything echoed back to me. The ANSI graphics were great. Is
                this an emulation or is it really running on a Commodore machine?
                Also, my teminal seemed to be short one line (24 not 25?) and thus
                would ask for a keypress before displaying the actual prompt. All of
                this is, of course, are problems on my end. No doubt my experience
                would have been better on a real C128.

                > BTW, do you have any experience with the GEOS windowing system for
                Commodore machines? This might be part of my exhibit at VCF next year.

                > Jim

              • Richard A. Cini
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 21, 2006

                  All:

                              I’m trying to get some form of tape BASIC running on my IMSAI. I was able to find sources for 4k BASIC (with no loader) and the manual for 8k BASIC that has the source in it but not a separate compilable file.

                              I ran the file through several OCR programs and the output is lousy – 113 pages of nonsense. According to the manual, there were paper tape, cassette and ROM versions (in 32 chips on two EPROM boards encompassing 8k of memory). Does anyone have a binary copy of IMSAI 8k BASIC they can send me?

                              Thanks!

                  Rich

                  Rich Cini

                  Collector of classic computers

                  Lead engineer, Altair32 Emulator

                  Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/

                  Web site: http://www.altair32.com/

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 22, 2006

                      Hmmm, I’m going to have to check. Barry Watzman sent me a copy of the 8k manual but not the tape.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 22, 2006

                        I just checked the classiccmp archives. The reference you saw was the same email from Barry Watzman that I saw. In it he said that he did not have the paper tape – only the listing, which didn’t OCR well.

                        The hunt continues.