Re: Who's coming? / was: RE: [midatlanticretro] Update on the HOPE conference in NYC

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 7, 2006
      I am in.
      bd

      At Friday, 7 July 2006, you wrote:

      >Sorry if this query is redundant ... who can confirm
      >participation in our HOPE exhibit on Saturday, July 22, in
      >NYC?

      >So far it's me, Jim Scheef, (Bill Degnan?), and [your
      >names here].......?

      >We'll have an approx. 10x10 ft. space, open on one
      >end.  The exhibits should be more like Trenton in '04 than VCF East
      in '05
      >-- very simple.

      He said
      >we're getting everything we asked for, which is a minimum of 10x10
      sq. ft. of
      >space, with tables on three of the four sides, so people can walk
      into the
      >middle, along with basic electrical power.  We're also getting comp
      >passes.  I'll feel more comfortable when I see this information
      directly
      >from HOPE in writing (should arrive this weekend), but I have no
      reason to doubt
      >it.  Early next week we'll sort out the details about travel and
      >stuff.

      >As Jim noted, they posted the full conference schedule.  That's at
      >http://www.hopenumbersix.net/speakers.html#Grid%c2%a0...
      >remember, the more people we have to man our booth, the more we
      can take turns
      >attending the lectures.

      I'm
      >hopefull (no pun) about coming in on the train for a day. The interesting
      talks
      >are spread out between Friday and Saturday with most at nite. I
      would like to
      >write an article on the event for my computer club's newsletter
      (www.dacs.org).Jim
      >-----
      >Original Message ----From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>To:
      >midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.comSent: Wednesday, July 5, 2006 1:27:07
      >AMSubject: [midatlanticretro] Update on the HOPE conference in NYC
      >
      >Sadly, there isn't an update yet. The organizers have not yet replied
      >mymost recent urgent questions.I will bug the heck out of them this
      >week.- Evan

      -- E N D --
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 9, 2006
        Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it.  So obviously we need more people than just Bill and I.

        Who else will help out?  Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

        As Jim noted, they posted the full conference schedule.  That's at http://www.hopenumbersix.net/speakers.html#Grid ... remember, the more people we have to man our booth, the more we can take turns attending the lectures.

        The HOPE website has been updated with the speaker schedule and a few other details. Unfortunately it can best be called a work in progress with instructions to fill in the press registration form - but no form, and similar anomolies. I'm hopefull (no pun) about coming in on the train for a day. The interesting talks are spread out between Friday and Saturday with most at nite. I would like to write an article on the event for my computer club's newsletter (www.dacs.org).

        Jim

        Sadly, there isn't an update yet. The organizers have not yet replied to my
        most recent urgent questions.

        I will bug the heck out of them this week.

        - Evan

      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
          I'm currently negotiating with the domestic scheduling bureau.  I'd say it's looking favorable, about 70 percent
          chance of attendance.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need more
            > people than just Bill and I.
            >
            > Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

            I can definitely be there.

            Peace... Sridhar
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
              Thanks! Can you bring anything?

              > Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need
              > more people than just Bill and I.
              >
              > Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

              I can definitely be there.

              Peace... Sridhar

              Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design.
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
            • Sridhar Ayengar
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > Thanks! Can you bring anything?

                I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                Peace... Sridhar

                > Evan Koblentz wrote:
                >> Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need
                >> more people than just Bill and I.
                >>
                >> Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.
                >
                > I can definitely be there.
              • Bill Sudbrink
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                  Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                  > I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                  > see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                  > I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                  Hi Sridhar,

                  What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                  I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                  Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by
                  side would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much
                  of a pain loading and unloading a lot of equipment at this place
                  will be.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                    We should all bring different stuff to maximize the appeal.

                    > I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                    > see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty
                    > sure I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                    Hi Sridhar,

                    What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                    I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                    Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by side
                    would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much of a pain

                    ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> See
                    what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.
                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                      FYI -
                      For my exhibit I have not decided yet. Depends on how much time
                      I have to put it together. I will follow up with another email on
                      this subject asap.

                      Bill

                      At Friday, 14 July 2006, you wrote:

                      >We should all bring different stuff to maximize the appeal.

                      -- E N D --
                    • Sridhar Ayengar
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 15, 2006
                        Bill Sudbrink wrote:
                        > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                        >> I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                        >> see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                        >> I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.
                        >>

                        > Hi Sridhar,
                        >
                        > What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                        > I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                        > Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by
                        > side would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much
                        > of a pain loading and unloading a lot of equipment at this place
                        > will be.

                        The Sol is in pretty good shape. I'll have to give some TLC to the
                        keyboard before bringing it.

                        Like I said, I don't have much experience with the Sol. I only just
                        recently got it. How about this. I'll bring it with a couple of little
                        things to show off, and you bring your software and laptop and show me
                        what it can do? Does that sound good?

                        Peace... Sridhar