Swap Meet South Update

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
      I have an appointment to review the space for the swap meet location
      on Monday morning. Everything looks good for October 7 2006. 9am-
      4pm. There is space for 200 people in the room "auditorium style"
      so there will be plenty of space. there are tables available, but
      I need to get a count so I can start reserving spaces and determine
      the exact size per swap-ee. Aside from the freebee tables that happen
      to be available it will be each person's responsibility to bring
      their own table or mat or whatever.

      The meeting room is at the Delaware Historical Society in downtown
      Wilmington, Delaware (19801). There are plenty of hotels, restaurants,
      etc. nearby.

      Once I get the contract and the paperwork and have reviewed the exact
      space/supplies/power I will send more details.

      Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2006
        Bill,

        Some thoughts... We need easy access to bring stuff in and out. If the room is not on the first floor, is there an elevator? We need to be able to wheel things in and out and if they have hand carts or one of those dolly things, please ask if we can use it.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2006
          JIm,
          There is a service elevator to the 2nd floor. I will find out about
          dollies/carts
          Bill

          At Saturday, 8 July 2006, you wrote:

          >Bill,
          >
          >Some thoughts... We need easy access to bring stuff in and out. If the
          >room is not on the first floor, is there an elevator? We need to
          be able
          >to wheel things in and out and if they have hand carts or one of those
          >dolly things, please ask if we can use it.
          >
          >Jim

          -- E N D --
        • Herb Johnson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2006

            > Everything looks good for October 7 2006. 9am-
            > 4pm. The meeting room is at the Delaware Historical Society
            > in downtown
            > Wilmington, Delaware (19801). There are plenty of hotels,
            > restaurants, etc. nearby. [Details will follow.]

            That's not a bad location by city, right off I-95. Hope the costs are
            not so much that you have to charge a lot to sellers and to buyers - I
            presume this event must be at least break-even. A 9AM start means
            setup at 8AM or earlier; if I left home at 6AM I could make it a day
            trip. I presume it's mostly an event to sell and not to set up
            elaborate running displays, which would require longer time to set up.

            Suggestions: you might see about space on the side with tables so
            people can congregate and chat, offline from the dealers and display
            tables. You could even tag tables by interests, as a kind of "birds of
            a feather" way for strangers to meet. Also make sure parking is
            reasonably convenient to move stuff to and from, not just one tiny

            Thanks for hosting this!

            Herb Johnson

            Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9, 2006
              >>> I presume it's mostly an event to sell and not to set up elaborate
              running displays

              Not just mostly, but entirely.