Summary -- RE: [midatlanticretro] THURSDAY -- Vintage videogame day @ InfoAge

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
      In case anybody was wondering, the high school volunteers were quite
      impressed with our collections yesterday! I gave them a tour for about an
      hour and they asked smart questions. Most of the time they had bug-eyes at
      all the big, colorful gear, especially when I explained how little power
      those computers had to modern PCs and servers. The second hour was Curt
      Vendel's show; most of these kids never played Atari before. I dug out a
      Pong system and an Odyssey from our storage room, but unfortunately neither
      had an appropriate wall wart so we couldn't try them. Also, two or three of
      the kids said they live in NJ and they asked for our club information, so
      hopefully they will get involved. Joe and Jeff, that means you guys won't
      be the youngest newbies here anymore. It had to happen eventually. :)

      Curt: you traveled four hours round-trip for just two hours of time down
      here, but I could see that your enjoyment was genuine -- as is our
      appreciation for your effort. Thanks!

      I neglected to take pictures. Stupid of me.