RE: [midatlanticretro] Update on the HOPE conference in NYC

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 5, 2006
      That is one of the things I'm waiting to hear about.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 7, 2006
        Sorry if this query is redundant ... who can confirm participation in our HOPE exhibit on Saturday, July 22, in NYC?

        So far it's me, Jim Scheef, (Bill Degnan?), and [your names here].......?

        We'll have an approx. 10x10 ft. space, open on one end.  The exhibits should be more like Trenton in '04 than VCF East in '05 -- very simple.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 7, 2006
          I am in.
          bd

          At Friday, 7 July 2006, you wrote:

          >Sorry if this query is redundant ... who can confirm
          >participation in our HOPE exhibit on Saturday, July 22, in
          >NYC?

          >So far it's me, Jim Scheef, (Bill Degnan?), and [your
          >names here].......?

          >We'll have an approx. 10x10 ft. space, open on one
          >end.  The exhibits should be more like Trenton in '04 than VCF East
          in '05
          >-- very simple.

          -- E N D --
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 9, 2006
            Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it.  So obviously we need more people than just Bill and I.

            Who else will help out?  Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
              I'm currently negotiating with the domestic scheduling bureau.  I'd say it's looking favorable, about 70 percent
              chance of attendance.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need more
                > people than just Bill and I.
                >
                > Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

                I can definitely be there.

                Peace... Sridhar
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                  Thanks! Can you bring anything?

                  > Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need
                  > more people than just Bill and I.
                  >
                  > Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

                  I can definitely be there.

                  Peace... Sridhar

                  Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design.
                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
                • Sridhar Ayengar
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                    Evan Koblentz wrote:
                    > Thanks! Can you bring anything?

                    I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                    see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                    I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                    Peace... Sridhar

                    > Evan Koblentz wrote:
                    >> Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need
                    >> more people than just Bill and I.
                    >>
                    >> Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.
                    >
                    > I can definitely be there.
                  • Bill Sudbrink
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                      Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                      > I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                      > see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                      > I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                      Hi Sridhar,

                      What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                      I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                      Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by
                      side would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much
                      of a pain loading and unloading a lot of equipment at this place
                      will be.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                        We should all bring different stuff to maximize the appeal.

                        > I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                        > see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty
                        > sure I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                        Hi Sridhar,

                        What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                        I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                        Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by side
                        would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much of a pain

                        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> See
                        what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.
                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                          FYI -
                          For my exhibit I have not decided yet. Depends on how much time
                          I have to put it together. I will follow up with another email on
                          this subject asap.

                          Bill

                          At Friday, 14 July 2006, you wrote:

                          >We should all bring different stuff to maximize the appeal.

                          -- E N D --
                        • Sridhar Ayengar
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 15, 2006
                            Bill Sudbrink wrote:
                            > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                            >> I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                            >> see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                            >> I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.
                            >>

                            > Hi Sridhar,
                            >
                            > What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                            > I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                            > Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by
                            > side would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much
                            > of a pain loading and unloading a lot of equipment at this place
                            > will be.

                            The Sol is in pretty good shape. I'll have to give some TLC to the
                            keyboard before bringing it.

                            Like I said, I don't have much experience with the Sol. I only just
                            recently got it. How about this. I'll bring it with a couple of little
                            things to show off, and you bring your software and laptop and show me
                            what it can do? Does that sound good?

                            Peace... Sridhar