Re: [midatlanticretro] Update on the HOPE conference in NYC

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 5, 2006
      Evan,

      How many passes are they giving us?

      Jim

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2006 8:01:01 PM
      Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Update on the HOPE conference in NYC

      I just spoke with the guy who's our middleman to the HOPE people (Sam Nitzberg, who is running the panel on which Sellam is speaking.)  He said we're getting everything we asked for, which is a minimum of 10x10 sq. ft. of space, with tables on three of the four sides, so people can walk into the middle, along with basic electrical power.  We're also getting comp passes.  I'll feel more comfortable when I see this information directly from HOPE in writing (should arrive this weekend), but I have no reason to doubt it.  Early next week we'll sort out the details about travel and stuff.

      As Jim noted, they posted the full conference schedule.  That's at http://www.hopenumbersix.net/speakers.html#Grid ... remember, the more people we have to man our booth, the more we can take turns attending the lectures.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 5, 2006
        That is one of the things I'm waiting to hear about.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 7, 2006
          Sorry if this query is redundant ... who can confirm participation in our HOPE exhibit on Saturday, July 22, in NYC?

          So far it's me, Jim Scheef, (Bill Degnan?), and [your names here].......?

          We'll have an approx. 10x10 ft. space, open on one end.  The exhibits should be more like Trenton in '04 than VCF East in '05 -- very simple.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 7, 2006
            I am in.
            bd

            At Friday, 7 July 2006, you wrote:

            >Sorry if this query is redundant ... who can confirm
            >participation in our HOPE exhibit on Saturday, July 22, in
            >NYC?

            >So far it's me, Jim Scheef, (Bill Degnan?), and [your
            >names here].......?

            >We'll have an approx. 10x10 ft. space, open on one
            >end.  The exhibits should be more like Trenton in '04 than VCF East
            in '05
            >-- very simple.

            -- E N D --
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 9, 2006
              Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it.  So obviously we need more people than just Bill and I.

              Who else will help out?  Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                I'm currently negotiating with the domestic scheduling bureau.  I'd say it's looking favorable, about 70 percent
                chance of attendance.

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  > Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need more
                  > people than just Bill and I.
                  >
                  > Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

                  I can definitely be there.

                  Peace... Sridhar
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                    Thanks! Can you bring anything?

                    > Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need
                    > more people than just Bill and I.
                    >
                    > Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

                    I can definitely be there.

                    Peace... Sridhar

                    Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design.
                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
                  • Sridhar Ayengar
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                      Evan Koblentz wrote:
                      > Thanks! Can you bring anything?

                      I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                      see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                      I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                      Peace... Sridhar

                      > Evan Koblentz wrote:
                      >> Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need
                      >> more people than just Bill and I.
                      >>
                      >> Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.
                      >
                      > I can definitely be there.
                    • Bill Sudbrink
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                        Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                        > I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                        > see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                        > I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                        Hi Sridhar,

                        What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                        I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                        Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by
                        side would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much
                        of a pain loading and unloading a lot of equipment at this place
                        will be.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                          We should all bring different stuff to maximize the appeal.

                          > I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                          > see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty
                          > sure I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                          Hi Sridhar,

                          What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                          I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                          Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by side
                          would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much of a pain

                          ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> See
                          what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.
                          http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                            FYI -
                            For my exhibit I have not decided yet. Depends on how much time
                            I have to put it together. I will follow up with another email on
                            this subject asap.

                            Bill

                            At Friday, 14 July 2006, you wrote:

                            >We should all bring different stuff to maximize the appeal.

                            -- E N D --
                          • Sridhar Ayengar
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 15, 2006
                              Bill Sudbrink wrote:
                              > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                              >> I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                              >> see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                              >> I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.
                              >>

                              > Hi Sridhar,
                              >
                              > What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                              > I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                              > Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by
                              > side would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much
                              > of a pain loading and unloading a lot of equipment at this place
                              > will be.

                              The Sol is in pretty good shape. I'll have to give some TLC to the
                              keyboard before bringing it.

                              Like I said, I don't have much experience with the Sol. I only just
                              recently got it. How about this. I'll bring it with a couple of little
                              things to show off, and you bring your software and laptop and show me
                              what it can do? Does that sound good?

                              Peace... Sridhar