RE: [midatlanticretro] THURSDAY -- Vintage videogame day @ InfoAge

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
      Another update on tomorrow's mini-event ... I'm giving the kids a tour of
      our collections and stuff from 1-2 tomorrow, then Curt's doing the gaming
      stuff with all 12 kids from 2-3 (he has other commitments before 2), and
      then I'm giving Curt a private tour.

      As stated before, everyone is welcome to come help.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
        In case anybody was wondering, the high school volunteers were quite
        impressed with our collections yesterday! I gave them a tour for about an
        hour and they asked smart questions. Most of the time they had bug-eyes at
        all the big, colorful gear, especially when I explained how little power
        those computers had to modern PCs and servers. The second hour was Curt
        Vendel's show; most of these kids never played Atari before. I dug out a
        Pong system and an Odyssey from our storage room, but unfortunately neither
        had an appropriate wall wart so we couldn't try them. Also, two or three of
        the kids said they live in NJ and they asked for our club information, so
        hopefully they will get involved. Joe and Jeff, that means you guys won't
        be the youngest newbies here anymore. It had to happen eventually. :)

        Curt: you traveled four hours round-trip for just two hours of time down
        here, but I could see that your enjoyment was genuine -- as is our
        appreciation for your effort. Thanks!

        I neglected to take pictures. Stupid of me.

[...]

        Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM