classic puters mailing list

  • chrism3667
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
      Could someone tell me why all my attempts to join have been
      unsuccessful?
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
        Do you mean the classiccmp.org lists?

        I know that you're only allowed to join ONE of the lists at a time, not both.  If you have problems, contact the moderator, Jay West, at jwest@....

        Could someone tell me why all my attempts to join have been
        unsuccessful?

      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
          what's more worthwhile? In yer opinion.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
            CCtech is 100% on-topic and is strictly moderated.

            CCtalk is on- and off-topic.

            It's a personal decision.  A lot of people get frustrated with some of cctalk's off-topicness.  But you also get a lot of "sort-of-topic" stuff that you'd miss on cctech.

            If you join cctalk, then route filters the messages to a separate folder, because you'll get a LOT of mail.

            Could someone tell me why all my attempts to join have been
            unsuccessful?

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • ahm
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
              I've found it's so much less hassle just to read/search the archives.

              Either this way:
              http://classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/

              Or this way:
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=classiccmp
            • Evan
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
                "route filters"?  Eh, you know what I meant.

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
                  And of course, for people who prefer an all-web forum, there is Erik Klein's vcforum (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/) ... although classiccmp's lists are MUCH more active.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
                    I'm already active on there...some would say too active ;). And of course my latest attempt to join classiccmp failed...