Update on the HOPE conference in NYC

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 4, 2006
      Sadly, there isn't an update yet. The organizers have not yet replied to my
      most recent urgent questions.

      I will bug the heck out of them this week.

      - Evan
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 5, 2006
        Evan,

        The HOPE website has been updated with the speaker schedule and a few other details. Unfortunately it can best be called a work in progress with instructions to fill in the press registration form - but no form, and similar anomolies. I'm hopefull (no pun) about coming in on the train for a day. The interesting talks are spread out between Friday and Saturday with most at nite. I would like to write an article on the event for my computer club's newsletter (www.dacs.org).

        Jim

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 5, 2006
          I just spoke with the guy who's our middleman to the HOPE people (Sam Nitzberg, who is running the panel on which Sellam is speaking.)  He said we're getting everything we asked for, which is a minimum of 10x10 sq. ft. of space, with tables on three of the four sides, so people can walk into the middle, along with basic electrical power.  We're also getting comp passes.  I'll feel more comfortable when I see this information directly from HOPE in writing (should arrive this weekend), but I have no reason to doubt it.  Early next week we'll sort out the details about travel and stuff.

          As Jim noted, they posted the full conference schedule.  That's at http://www.hopenumbersix.net/speakers.html#Grid ... remember, the more people we have to man our booth, the more we can take turns attending the lectures.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 5, 2006
            Evan,

            How many passes are they giving us?

            Jim

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 5, 2006
              That is one of the things I'm waiting to hear about.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 7, 2006
                Sorry if this query is redundant ... who can confirm participation in our HOPE exhibit on Saturday, July 22, in NYC?

                So far it's me, Jim Scheef, (Bill Degnan?), and [your names here].......?

                We'll have an approx. 10x10 ft. space, open on one end.  The exhibits should be more like Trenton in '04 than VCF East in '05 -- very simple.

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 7, 2006
                  I am in.
                  bd

                  At Friday, 7 July 2006, you wrote:

                  >Sorry if this query is redundant ... who can confirm
                  >participation in our HOPE exhibit on Saturday, July 22, in
                  >NYC?

                  >So far it's me, Jim Scheef, (Bill Degnan?), and [your
                  >names here].......?

                  >We'll have an approx. 10x10 ft. space, open on one
                  >end.  The exhibits should be more like Trenton in '04 than VCF East
                  in '05
                  >-- very simple.

                  -- E N D --
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 9, 2006
                    Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it.  So obviously we need more people than just Bill and I.

                    Who else will help out?  Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                      I'm currently negotiating with the domestic scheduling bureau.  I'd say it's looking favorable, about 70 percent
                      chance of attendance.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                        Evan Koblentz wrote:
                        > Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need more
                        > people than just Bill and I.
                        >
                        > Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

                        I can definitely be there.

                        Peace... Sridhar
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                          Thanks! Can you bring anything?

                          > Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need
                          > more people than just Bill and I.
                          >
                          > Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.

                          I can definitely be there.

                          Peace... Sridhar

                          Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design.
                          http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
                        • Sridhar Ayengar
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 10, 2006
                            Evan Koblentz wrote:
                            > Thanks! Can you bring anything?

                            I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                            see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                            I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                            Peace... Sridhar

                            > Evan Koblentz wrote:
                            >> Okay, Bill confirmed, but Jim can't make it. So obviously we need
                            >> more people than just Bill and I.
                            >>
                            >> Who else will help out? Please reply soon and help me de-stress.
                            >
                            > I can definitely be there.
                          • Bill Sudbrink
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                              Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                              > I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                              > see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                              > I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                              Hi Sridhar,

                              What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                              I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                              Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by
                              side would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much
                              of a pain loading and unloading a lot of equipment at this place
                              will be.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                                We should all bring different stuff to maximize the appeal.

                                > I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                                > see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty
                                > sure I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.

                                Hi Sridhar,

                                What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                                I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                                Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by side
                                would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much of a pain

                                ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> See
                                what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.
                                http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 14, 2006
                                  FYI -
                                  For my exhibit I have not decided yet. Depends on how much time
                                  I have to put it together. I will follow up with another email on
                                  this subject asap.

                                  Bill

                                  At Friday, 14 July 2006, you wrote:

                                  >We should all bring different stuff to maximize the appeal.

                                  -- E N D --
                                • Sridhar Ayengar
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 15, 2006
                                    Bill Sudbrink wrote:
                                    > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                                    >> I can bring a Sol-20. I don't have much experience with it, but I can
                                    >> see if I can fart around with it and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure
                                    >> I could figure something cool to do with it by the time of the event.
                                    >>

                                    > Hi Sridhar,
                                    >
                                    > What kind of shape is your Sol in? Keyboard in good order, etc?
                                    > I can bring software and a laptop to use to dump to it if you want.
                                    > Should I bother to bring my Sol? On the one hand, two Sols side by
                                    > side would be kind of fun, on the other, I don't know just how much
                                    > of a pain loading and unloading a lot of equipment at this place
                                    > will be.

                                    The Sol is in pretty good shape. I'll have to give some TLC to the
                                    keyboard before bringing it.

                                    Like I said, I don't have much experience with the Sol. I only just
                                    recently got it. How about this. I'll bring it with a couple of little
                                    things to show off, and you bring your software and laptop and show me
                                    what it can do? Does that sound good?

                                    Peace... Sridhar