Re: TWO swap meets / was RE: [midatlanticretro] Swap meet update

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006

      > We decided to hold a northern and a southern swap meet, in order to
      reach
      > more of our members who can't (or are simply tired of) traveling to
      InfoAge.

      > So, Bill's [Deleware] version will be the southern event, and John
      Allain is checking
      > out how to organize a northern event. For simplicity, the northern
      event
      > might not be a real swap meet, but rather just an informal yard sale at
      > someone's house. Except it'll be an open-source version where everyone
      > contributes. :)
      >
      > More updates to come, and feedback is welcome.

      OK, sounds like the InfoAge swapmeet and the "road trip" has morphed
      into a Deleware swapmeet and a trip&sale somewhere north. Nothing
      wrong with that, organizing an InfoAge swap in a few months is pretty
      short notice for all attending AND it conflicted a bit with a hamfest
      on the premises. I still believe, as per my recent post, that some
      kind of regular sales event is a good idea. But it could just as well
      be part of future Vintage C-fests East, than as something seperate.

      Deleware is certainly pleasant country to visit - my only issues there
      were finding a motel room in the summer! They all get booked up, so
      prior notice is important for any overnights.

      And I still support some kind of Boston trip as an MIT and fleamarket
      thing, that's within my interests. But an informal visit can be
      pleasant and fun.

      It would be good to nail down dates and locations soon, so all can
      plan accordingly and info can be put on the Yahoo! calendar and of
      course on the MARCH Website. But hey! for a first go-round it may not
      be that organized.

      All things considered, keep us posted on the InfoAge hamfest by the
      radio group, so we can attend that and show support.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006
        what about having one of yhe swap meets at Bell Labs in Middletown NJ,
        if they'll allow it