Re: OT - Hamfest next Sunday (7/9)

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2006
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "M. Frank" <mmfrank2001@...>
      wrote:

      > I was at the hamfest in Piscataway on June 17, it was bad all
      around, no vintage computers, limited electronics, no old
      radio/television tubes, even the guy with the maroon solar panels
      skipped this one, there were lots of flashlights that you shake to
      gernerate power - $25 at TCF now $2 (3 for $5) This hamfest when it
      used to be in Dunellen had about 150 vendors, about 30 now..

      I was there myself, late. Sold some Palm handhelds, one module from an
      oscilloscope. I saw a TI 99/4a, possibly one or two other old comps.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    • M. Frank
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2006
        Herb, I didn't see you
        I have to mention that I as I was leaving at around 9:00a.m. I noticed that several vendors had recently arrived, I had already been there for two hours and  it was quite hot and I didn't think there would be anyone coming so late, maybe the strategy is to go for breakfast and then come back, even on a hot day      Mike

        wrote:

        > I was at the hamfest in Piscataway on June 17, it was bad all
        around, no vintage computers, limited electronics, no old
        radio/television tubes, even the guy with the maroon solar panels
        skipped this one, there were lots of flashlights that you shake to
        gernerate power - $25 at TCF now $2 (3 for $5) This hamfest when it
        used to be in Dunellen had about 150 vendors, about 30 now..

        I was there myself, late. Sold some Palm handhelds, one module from an
        oscilloscope. I saw a TI 99/4a, possibly one or two other old comps.

        Herb Johnson

        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA

        Do you Yahoo!?