Re: [midatlanticretro] THURSDAY -- Vintage videogame day @ InfoAge

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
      I'll do my best to get there. I'll try and get a small MAME machine set
      up. I'm gonna need to use a keyboard hack to interface the controls, so
      does anyone have a PS/2 to AT adapter? The AT keyboard I have will be
      easy tho hack, but would limit me to an old machine.
    • Jeffrey Frady

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
          Another update on tomorrow's mini-event ... I'm giving the kids a tour of
          our collections and stuff from 1-2 tomorrow, then Curt's doing the gaming
          stuff with all 12 kids from 2-3 (he has other commitments before 2), and
          then I'm giving Curt a private tour.

          As stated before, everyone is welcome to come help.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
            In case anybody was wondering, the high school volunteers were quite
            impressed with our collections yesterday! I gave them a tour for about an
            hour and they asked smart questions. Most of the time they had bug-eyes at
            all the big, colorful gear, especially when I explained how little power
            those computers had to modern PCs and servers. The second hour was Curt
            Vendel's show; most of these kids never played Atari before. I dug out a
            Pong system and an Odyssey from our storage room, but unfortunately neither
            had an appropriate wall wart so we couldn't try them. Also, two or three of
            the kids said they live in NJ and they asked for our club information, so
            hopefully they will get involved. Joe and Jeff, that means you guys won't
            be the youngest newbies here anymore. It had to happen eventually. :)

            Curt: you traveled four hours round-trip for just two hours of time down
            here, but I could see that your enjoyment was genuine -- as is our
            appreciation for your effort. Thanks!

            I neglected to take pictures. Stupid of me.

[...]

            Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design.
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM