Laser 128 Bundled Software...

  • Al Hartman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2014
      I have a Laser 128, and a manual for it. But, I don't have copies of the
      software that came with it.

      If anyone can point me to a site with disk images, or make images of the
      disks and send them to me... I'd appreciate it.

      I'm especially looking for software for the 1mb RAM upgrade board.

      I fixed the bad disk drive by swapping the bad internal drive with a
      mechanism from an external drive. Then, I was able to use ADTPro to transfer
      a disk image to the Laser to boot it. I sent over Copy ][ Plus and used the
      disk speed tester to check the speed on the drive I removed. It was out of
      spec, and after adjusting it back to 200rpm, and cleaning the heads -- it is
      now working fine formatting, verifying and copying disks.

      I have 5 - 1mb upgrade boards for the Laser 128 I want to test, and sell the
      surplus. I'm looking for a testing utility. I haven't found anything on the
      web with Google searching. There's nothing in the Asimov archive.

      I sent an e-mail to Dave Dunfield, but it bounced. I used the e-mail address
      on his website. He has a Laser 128 in his collection, and I was hoping he
      had the disks.

      -[ Al ]-