Can someone who knows PDP basic help this guy?

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2014
      He is trying to run some BASIC code on a simulator and is having problems

      link to discussion.

      http://www.reddit.com/r/vintagecomputing/comments/2cxu1h/which_dec_pdp_basic_will_run_this_code/

      Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
    • billdeg
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2014
        Probably is pdp 11 basic.  B or BASE sets the octal memory offset for memory addresses.  I can at least type in the first few lines to see if I get syntax errors.

        I will try to load the code when I get the chance.  May also work on the pdp8 with minimal edits.  My pop 11/05 could run this assuming the code is good, but I'd need to add a rs232 to 20mA converter to make it convenient. Otherwise I'd need a paper tape of the code.

        If anyone here wants to make this the subject of a workshop at my place, I am game.

        I do not have an account on this site, can anyone here post a response?

        Bill
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2014

          I'm going to direct him to the group. I will message him.