Swap meet update

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hi all,

      Bill Degnan volunteered to organize our fall swap meet. For a change of
      pace, it might be held in Delaware close to his house, instead of at the
      InfoAge location.

      I'll organize the Boston-area road trip.

      - Evan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
        We decided to hold a northern and a southern swap meet, in order to reach
        more of our members who can't (or are simply tired of) traveling to InfoAge.

        So, Bill's version will be the southern event, and John Allain is checking
        out how to organize a northern event. For simplicity, the northern event
        might not be a real swap meet, but rather just an informal yard sale at
        someone's house. Except it'll be an open-source version where everyone
        contributes. :)

        More updates to come, and feedback is welcome.

        Bill Degnan volunteered to organize our fall swap meet. For a change of
        pace, it might be held in Delaware close to his house, instead of at the
        InfoAge location.

        I'll organize the Boston-area road trip.

        - Evan

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006

          > We decided to hold a northern and a southern swap meet, in order to
          reach
          > more of our members who can't (or are simply tired of) traveling to
          InfoAge.

          > So, Bill's [Deleware] version will be the southern event, and John
          Allain is checking
          > out how to organize a northern event. For simplicity, the northern
          event
          > might not be a real swap meet, but rather just an informal yard sale at
          > someone's house. Except it'll be an open-source version where everyone
          > contributes. :)
          >
          > More updates to come, and feedback is welcome.

          OK, sounds like the InfoAge swapmeet and the "road trip" has morphed
          into a Deleware swapmeet and a trip&sale somewhere north. Nothing
          wrong with that, organizing an InfoAge swap in a few months is pretty
          short notice for all attending AND it conflicted a bit with a hamfest
          on the premises. I still believe, as per my recent post, that some
          kind of regular sales event is a good idea. But it could just as well
          be part of future Vintage C-fests East, than as something seperate.

          Deleware is certainly pleasant country to visit - my only issues there
          were finding a motel room in the summer! They all get booked up, so
          prior notice is important for any overnights.

          And I still support some kind of Boston trip as an MIT and fleamarket
          thing, that's within my interests. But an informal visit can be
          pleasant and fun.

          It would be good to nail down dates and locations soon, so all can
          plan accordingly and info can be put on the Yahoo! calendar and of
          course on the MARCH Website. But hey! for a first go-round it may not
          be that organized.

          All things considered, keep us posted on the InfoAge hamfest by the
          radio group, so we can attend that and show support.

          Herb Johnson

          Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006
            what about having one of yhe swap meets at Bell Labs in Middletown NJ,
            if they'll allow it