Free Atari

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 3 11:45 AM
      Someone is giving away an Atari in Northern NJ

      http://newjersey.craigslist.org/zip/4551283980.html
    • telmnstr
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 3 11:51 AM
        > Someone is giving away an Atari in Northern NJ

        It's back! Yes-sir-ree! The 2600 from A-Tar-Ri.

        Speaking of which, I need a replacement floppy drive for an Atari Mega
        2...
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 3 11:51 AM
          >> Someone is giving away an Atari in Northern NJ

          800XL. I emailed them just now to ask where in northern NJ. If it's near me then I will pick it up for whomever really wants it.
        • Jason Howe
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 3 11:55 AM
            I did as well, because I really want it :)

            --Jason
            On 07/03/2014 02:51 PM, Evan Koblentz evan@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
            >> Someone is giving away an Atari in Northern NJ

            800XL. I emailed them just now to ask where in northern NJ. If it's near me then I will pick it up for whomever really wants it.

          • Alex Duboski
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 3 11:56 AM
              I would be interested. I emailed them as well but I'm in south jersey.

              -Alex

              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 3 12:06 PM
                >> I did as well, because I really want it :)

                You know what's going to happen? The person will realize there is interest and then ask for money.

                Anyway. I'll post if/when the person responds.
              • Bob Flanders
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 3 12:15 PM
                  I am interested as well. Thanks.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 3 12:17 PM
                    Evan, since so many people are interested, you should pick it up and auction off to members for club donation.

                    -Alex

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 3 12:21 PM
                      > You know what's going to happen? The person will realize there is interest and then ask for money.

                      But then no one will want it.

                      (My first computer was Atari 800XL. Still have it!)
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 3 12:22 PM
                        >> Evan, since so many people are interested, you should pick it up and auction off to members for club donation.

                        I was thinking a thumb wrestling contest.
                      • Alex Duboski
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 3 12:27 PM
                          That wouldn't be fair to everyone else. I'm the state champion :-)

                          On Thursday, July 3, 2014, Evan Koblentz evan@... [midatlanticretro] <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                          >> Evan, since so many people are interested, you should pick it up and auction off to members for club donation.

                          I was thinking a thumb wrestling contest.

                        • Neil Cherry
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 3 12:48 PM
                            On 07/03/2014 03:27 PM, Alex Duboski criticalweld@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                            > That wouldn't be fair to everyone else. I'm the state champion :-)

                            I was actually pretty good at thumb wrestling. I was able to set
                            my thumb back and the opponent couldn't reach my thumb.

                            I just purchased an 800xl and in process found out U have several
                            more. Still trying to fin my first computer, my 800XL with my
                            extra memory hack and Ramrod XL (Omnimon).

                            I think a couple of these computer will get the mods such as
                            video, ram and the 65816. ;-)

                            http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
                            http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
                          • billdeg
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 3 2:07 PM
                              I will sell a working 800xl for $50 plus shipping if anyone wants one. I also have other Atari stuff I could poss. sell.    Can bring to HOPE.
                              Bill
                            • John Heritage
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 3 2:22 PM
                                I would love to hear about the 65816 upgrade on your system :).

                                I have an 800XL with the ultimate 1MB upgrade..  i could never get the mount .ATR from flash card to work right.. and for some reason eventually the atari just failed - it won't fully power on now (just some bars or colors on screen)..  something to troubleshoot when my electronics skills merit a look at it..

                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 3 3:09 PM
                                  On 07/03/2014 05:22 PM, John Heritage john.heritage@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                                  > I would love to hear about the 65816 upgrade on your system :).
                                  >
                                  > I have an 800XL with the ultimate 1MB upgrade.. i could never get the mount .ATR from
                                  > flash card to work right.. and for some reason eventually the atari just failed - it won't
                                  > fully power on now (just some bars or colors on screen).. something to troubleshoot when
                                  > my electronics skills merit a look at it..

                                  I always look for trouble! I recall reading a Byte Magazine article on
                                  the 800XL with 256K of ram. I looked at the article and figured I could
                                  do it with either one less chip or one less gate. It worked! :-)

                                  Ah the good old days. Oddly I continue to do that kind of stuff to this
                                  day though now in software rather than hardware.

                                  I haven't built the ART/Flash add on but we can give it a try at the
                                  next repair-fest. I've got my blood boiling for my old machine. It's
                                  the one machine that just feel right. Hopefully I'll have more info
                                  on the 65816. So far I've tracked down the ships and various info.
                                  I'd rather work on the Ethernet interface at the moment (replaces the
                                  1050 with my Linux server across an Ethernet). This overlaps my HA.

                                  http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
                                  http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
                                • David Keith
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 3 7:08 PM
                                    how about a

                                    Large Lot Of Vintage DEC Servers, VAX Servers, Software, Keyboards,Ect -

                                    but NOT my interests

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 3 8:03 PM
                                      On 07/03/2014 10:08 PM, David Keith beloved_wind@...
                                      [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                                      > how about a
                                      >

                                      > Large Lot Of Vintage DEC Servers, VAX Servers, Software,
                                      > Keyboards,Ect -
                                      >
                                      > http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/sys/4547856391.html
                                      >
                                      > but NOT my interests

                                      HOLY CRAP!!

                                      --
                                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3
                                      New Kensington, PA
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jul 4 4:39 AM

                                        [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                                        > how about a
                                        >

                                        > Large Lot Of Vintage DEC Servers, VAX Servers, Software,
                                        > Keyboards,Ect -
                                        >
                                        > http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/sys/4547856391.html
                                        >
                                        > but NOT my interests

                                        HOLY CRAP!!

                                        I was just there, last night, stuck in traffic.  Took me 45 minutes to get from the beltway to a gas station less than 1.5 miles from the exit.

                                        But, if anyone needs an intermediary, I'm willing to help.

                                        - Alex
                                      • smack2k
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jul 20 4:24 PM
                                          I got lucky enough over the weekend to get a free Atari 800 / 800 XL / and all peripherals...

                                          I have two 800's now, so if anyone is lookin for one, let me know...Both have full RAM (48K).

                                          The one I am going to get rid of was modified to have a COAXIAL end on it.

                                          I can send pics if needed!!

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jul 20 4:42 PM
                                            On 07/20/2014 07:24 PM, smack2k@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
                                            > I got lucky enough over the weekend to get a free Atari 800 / 800 XL /
                                            > and all peripherals...
                                            >
                                            > I have two 800's now, so if anyone is lookin for one, let me know...Both
                                            > have full RAM (48K).
                                            >
                                            > The one I am going to get rid of was modified to have a COAXIAL end on it.
                                            >
                                            > I can send pics if needed!!

                                            Mmmm, yummy Atari goodness!

                                            (did you see my off-list email?)

                                            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3
                                            New Kensington, PA
                                          • Neil Cherry
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Jul 20 5:21 PM
                                              On 07/20/2014 07:24 PM, smack2k@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                                              > I got lucky enough over the weekend to get a free Atari 800 / 800 XL / and all peripherals...
                                              >
                                              > I have two 800's now, so if anyone is lookin for one, let me know...Both have full RAM (48K).
                                              >
                                              > The one I am going to get rid of was modified to have a COAXIAL end on it.
                                              >
                                              > I can send pics if needed!!

                                              The 800XL actually has 64K of RAM.

                                              Both are worthy computers. I have 3 800's and 2 800XLs. I won't be
                                              picking up any more (for now ;-) ). I will be working on them over the
                                              winter.

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Jul 20 5:33 PM
                                                Yeah, the 800XL is cool as well..I have two of those now as well, but I am not 100% sure if the one I have had for a while works…if it does, that would be up for me to get rid of as well as the one I picked up over the weekend is in PERFECT shape and works great...
                                              • smack2k
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Jul 20 5:50 PM
                                                  Dave,

                                                  I did…will be replying  to it later!!