A random thought

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006
      Holy moly. We now have 120 members in the Yahoo group.

      I still blame Andy!
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006
          Was there a message here?

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006
            It was supposed to say: we all blame Andy

            However, editing the new look messages from yahoo is a PITA.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006
              I agree with kelly
            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006
                Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                > It was supposed to say: we all blame Andy
                >
                > However, editing the new look messages from yahoo is a PITA.

                I just selected the "original" format messages in preferences for each
                of the Yahoo email lists I am subscribed to. No new features for me! :-D

                Cheers,

                Bryan
              • Kelly Leavitt
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006
                  What, that it really is all Andy's fault, or that the new format is a real PITA? :-)

                    >> It was supposed to say: we all blame Andy
                    >>
                    >> However, editing the new look messages from yahoo is a PITA.
                    >>

                    > I just selected the "original" format messages in preferences for each
                    > of the Yahoo email lists I am subscribed to. No new features for me! :-D

                    What I'd like to know is if there's any way to strip off all the junk
                    Yahoo puts at the end of each message before it even gets to my email
                    server.

                    It wastes my bandwidth. My bandwidth is how I make my living.

                    Peace... Sridhar
                  • Mike Loewen
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006
                      On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Kelly Leavitt wrote:

                      > What, that it really is all Andy's fault, or that the new format is a
                      > real PITA? :-)

                      I realize that I should be reading this group on a TRS-80 Model 4,
                      telnetted to my Linux server and running Lynx, but I prefer Pine. :-)

                      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                    • Bryan Pope
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006
                        Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                        > Bryan Pope wrote:
                        >
                        >> Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                        >>
                        >>> It was supposed to say: we all blame Andy
                        >>>
                        >>> However, editing the new look messages from yahoo is a PITA.
                        >>>

                        >> I just selected the "original" format messages in preferences for each
                        >> of the Yahoo email lists I am subscribed to. No new features for me! :-D
                        >>

                        > What I'd like to know is if there's any way to strip off all the junk
                        > Yahoo puts at the end of each message before it even gets to my email
                        > server.
                        >
                        > It wastes my bandwidth. My bandwidth is how I make my living.
                        >
                        > Peace... Sridhar

                        Sridhar,

                        It looks like there *used* to be a delivery option "Do not convert
                        email to HTML" but that seems to have disappeared. The next best thing
                        is to select "Traditional" format.

                        Cheers,

                        Bryan

                        P.S. *OR* we change to a self-managed mailing list, maybe even hosted on
                        Jay's server, and then guarantee all emails are plain-text...
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 27, 2006
                          Bryan, thanks, I didn't realize that was an option!

                          Changed my setting just now.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 28, 2006
                            Sridhar,

                            The price we all pay to use the Yahoo Group is exposing our eyeballs to a little advertising. This works like commercial television, you can fast forward the commercials but you must store the messages first.

                            Jim