AT&T 7300 / 3b1 Power Supply Pin Voltages & Polarities

  • chetwyndplace
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2014

      Hello, all.

      I am reconstructing my first 7300, and I am missing a power supply. If any of you know the correct pin voltages and polarities, I believe that I can take any of my modern power supplies, and configure it properly.

      Here's a picture for reference, where I arbitrarily number the pins from 1 to 18

      http://6reoquestions.com/misc/ATT_UN...suppl-pins.jpg

      Thanks!
      -AJ

    • billdeg
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2014
        this might help, look around.
      • chetwyndplace
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2014
          Thanks for that, billdeg.  That is a very helpful document for this machine, but it doesn't seem to get specific enough on the power supply to break down the voltages of the 18 connectors.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2014
            On 06/30/2014 03:45 PM, chetwyndplace@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
            > I am reconstructing my first 7300, and I am missing a power supply. If
            > any of you know the correct pin voltages and polarities, I believe that
            > I can take any of my modern power supplies, and configure it properly.
            >
            > Here's a picture for reference, where I arbitrarily number the pins from
            > 1 to 18
            >
            > http://6reoquestions.com/misc/ATT_UN...suppl-pins.jpg

            Hey there AJ. Here's the pinout for that power supply connector:

            1 GND
            2 +5V
            3 GND
            4 +5V
            5 GND
            6 +5V
            7 GND
            8 +5V
            9 GND
            10 +5V
            11 GND
            12 +12V
            13 GND
            14 +12V
            15 GND
            16 +12V
            17 GND
            18 -12V

            NOTE: You will need to determine which end is which. I do not recall
            offhand. It should be easy enough to tell by looking for the grounds.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3
            New Kensington, PA
          • chetwyndplace
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 30, 2014
              Thanks so much, Dave!  You always are a wealth of help and great info!

              Much appreciated.

              -AJ
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2014
                On 07/01/2014 01:46 AM, chetwyndplace@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
                > Thanks so much, Dave! You always are a wealth of help and great info!
                >
                > Much appreciated.

                I'm glad to help.

                Have you gotten anywhere on your Convergent tape controller situation?

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3
                New Kensington, PA
              • chetwyndplace
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 1, 2014
                  No progress yet on the Convergent tape controller situation.  I'm taking a new turn to hope to get a fresh perspective.

                  I am choosing the AT&T 7300 / 3b1 path to learn more about the general operation of this UNIX os on a Convergent manufactured machine from that era, thus the 7300 / 3b1.  I've heard that the 7300 / 3b1 is functionally identical to the MiniFrame.

                  Although I've heard there are significant differences between the MiniFrame and the MightyFrame, at least there are many people around who understand the 7300 /3b1, so I can at least glean help from experienced users, such as yourself, with this.  Hopefully this will help me bridge the gap between these machines, and eventually get the MightyFrame working.

                  Thanks always,
                  -AJ
                  http://MightyFrame.com