Re: Update -- RE: [midatlanticretro] Another weekend, another cool MARCH exhibit

  • Sellam Ismail
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
      On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, B Degnan wrote:

      > I like the one day exhibit idea.
      >
      > Please define the total space for our group, so that we can determine
      > what fraction each person will be allocated and the max number of
      > possible persons who can get involved. Who will the audience be?
      > Are we are expected to have working systems (and if so will there
      > be power?).

      Bill,

      Although I've never been to this event, the audience will likely be a mix
      of hackers, phreakers, and other similar miscreants, ranging in age from
      early teens to late 50s, mostly men, and the majority of them probably
      scraggly, nerdly, smelly, and unkempt...kind of like a VCF :)

      I think the display will be much more successful if the computers are
      working.

      I still don't know the exact time and date of the panel. Hopefully it's
      Saturday as we requested. The HOPE speaker committee promised to get back
      to us by tomorrow with the schedule.

      --

      Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival