HP 85 and std bus (was PC PUG of Delaware)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2006
      Herb,
      thanks. You're correct, that's a picture of my HP 85. It's got
      visicalc tape and maybe one or two more with manuals. In the process
      of repairing the capstan rubber (the thing that pulls the tape along)
      I accidentally broke the pin that holds the capstan mechanism in
      place. As a result I need either a new pin or a replacement of the
      entire tape system. If you (or anyone reading this) has a broken
      HP 85 that you don't have use of, perhaps you could bring for sale
      at the swap meet, (date??). Other than that problem the HP 85 computer
      works great. I have not messed with it for a while. The BASIC is
      a little different. Interesting machine.

      I forgot about my standard bus collection, these I will bring to
      the swap meet for sure, it's all 80188-era stuff. It looks like
      you have a lot of the same things I do. Have you ever built a system
      with std bus? I know only what I have read about it.

      Bill D

      <snip>