11/44 DEC System loaded on my trailer - need a strong handtruck or forklift

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2014

      More effort than I expected, but all 4 units from the Lewish donation to MARCH, plus two Decwriter III's, VT 340, hires100, parts, cables, a few manuals, storage tapes for the drives, and so on are loaded and ready to go.  A few 24V power supplies.   Interesting but I did not see any OS tapes only backups, they may be in the drive(s).

      The moving company needed four guys to move the heaviest cabinet up the stairs and it took 2+ hours to move for things up a flight of stairs.  Amazing how they did it.  The trailer strains to the load, and I will be driving slowly to Wall tomorrow morning.  But I have the units shrink wrapped and strapped securely to the trailer.

      Do we have a forklift or powerful hand truck to unload when I arrive?  We are going to need it.  Please advise asap, or if someone is coming tomorrow and has a pro handtruck, please bring.  I have 4 heavy-duty ratchet straps we can use.

      The only space I have left in my Element is the front seat,  so I will only bring my ELF 2K kit with tools needed to build it, the 5103N scope, and the 1702 Prom burner.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2014
        InfoAge has a forklift. We'll have to call Steve to operate it. We also have a pallet jack and a deracking handtruck.