Introducing myself to the group

  • Corey Kosak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2014
      Hi!

      I had the pleasure of visiting the InfoAge Museum this past weekend and the even greater pleasure of unknowingly attaching myself to a tour that Evan Koblentz happened to be giving.

      My background is that in my teens and early twenties I did some ports for Broderbund, most notably a few ports of The Print Shop: Commodore 64 ("side B"), Atari 400/800, and Apple IIgs, plus a couple of other things. I'm still friendly with several Broderbund characters including Doug Carlston (founder), Jordan Mechner (Karateka, Prince of Persia), Roland Gustafsson (funky Apple ][ copy protection) and others. These days I work at Google but when not working I try to relive my salad days, not by actually working on old hardware (alas), but instead by doing low-level programming on new hardware. I've messed around a tiny bit with FPGAs and also played a little bit with dynamic code generation on a Netduino.

      I hope to meet some of you folks soon!

    • billdeg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2014
        Corey K,
        Where are you located?  I understand you stopped by the museum this past Sunday.
        Bill Degnan

      • kosak2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2014
          Hi Bill,

          Yep, I got to see all kinds of great stuff. Re location, I live in Hoboken.