Re: OT: More Selectrics

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2006
      > I'm looking for an IBM Selectric Composer. I want to re-create the
      > infamous George Bush National Guard memo to show that,
      > indeed, it could
      > have been (and in fact was) typed on a circa 1971 typewriter ;)
      >
      > So if anyone hears of one, please let me know...
      >
      > --
      >
      > Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

      If your interest is serious, I could in principle obtain some kind
      of Selectric here in NJ, I see some go by. But it would cost maybe $40
      to ship it to California. And I'm not sure how jumbled up the mechs
      would be, however well it was packed. I worked on Selectrics and they
      can be touchy. Sellam, you'd do better to get one in California. But
      if you insist, contact me privately and I'd try to do this as a
      courtesy. Be prepared to describe what model you want and
      distinguishing features. Could take a few months. Oh, and you will
      still need the correct typeball - can't predict I'd have THAT.

      Herb Johnson
      International Man of Tedium

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA