OT: More Selectrics

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2006
      Found this on the Philadelphia Craigslist. If anyone is interested...
      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/clt/172432745.html
    • Sellam Ismail
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2006
        On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, Joe Giliberti wrote:

        > Found this on the Philadelphia Craigslist. If anyone is interested...
        > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/clt/172432745.html

        I'm looking for an IBM Selectric Composer. I want to re-create the
        infamous George Bush National Guard memo to show that, indeed, it could
        have been (and in fact was) typed on a circa 1971 typewriter ;)

        So if anyone hears of one, please let me know...

        --

        Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2006
          > I'm looking for an IBM Selectric Composer. I want to re-create the
          > infamous George Bush National Guard memo to show that,
          > indeed, it could
          > have been (and in fact was) typed on a circa 1971 typewriter ;)
          >
          > So if anyone hears of one, please let me know...
          >
          > --
          >
          > Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

          If your interest is serious, I could in principle obtain some kind
          of Selectric here in NJ, I see some go by. But it would cost maybe $40
          to ship it to California. And I'm not sure how jumbled up the mechs
          would be, however well it was packed. I worked on Selectrics and they
          can be touchy. Sellam, you'd do better to get one in California. But
          if you insist, contact me privately and I'd try to do this as a
          courtesy. Be prepared to describe what model you want and
          distinguishing features. Could take a few months. Oh, and you will
          still need the correct typeball - can't predict I'd have THAT.

          Herb Johnson
          International Man of Tedium

          Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA