Yet another Workshop thread...

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 42 , Jun 9, 2014
      Since I'm local... I can bring tools and stuff easily...
      I will be there Saturday only though...
      I will bring my desoldering station, a Digital scope, a 16 channel logic analyzer, IC tester and ESR meter. I will also throw my 8080 ice in the box in case anyone needs it.

      If anyone needs to punch paper tape, I could also bring a punch but don't have much spare paper tape right now. I'm running low.

      My plans right now is to put an hour or two into the MARCH Scelbi (the project than never ends..., when you guys see how many parts are involved I think you'll understand it's a big project) and to try to get my dazzler working again. I also will be back working on that VTR modified Sony TV/Monitor from the 70's that was specified specifically by Steve Jobs for the Apple-1 in letters and magazine articles

      Anyway, in order of priority the dazzler and TV come first because I can work on the scelbi at any time. I actually may pause the scelbi project in the future to build a blue box for HOPE if I can find enough information and the correct parts to make one in time. But for now... I'm concentrating on the workshop and can't wait to see everyone since I was kinda sick for VCF and missed attending.

      Cheers,
      Corey
    • joshbensadon
      Message 42 of 42 , Jun 9, 2014
        There is no way a blue box can rip off the phone network today.

        I remember seeing a program that allowed you to become a remote operator.  I never played with such fire, I had another source of unlimited phone calling.

        Cheers,
        Josh