Fw: Re: old VAXs

  • Bob Schwier
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 4, 2014
      He lives near Rockville Maryland on the DC side. If anyone is interested,
      contact me off line and we'll make arrangements.
      bs

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 4, 2014
        If there are no other takers, I'd gladly head down to MD to grab these machines. Their history is awesome.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA

        On Jun 4, 2014, at 7:58 PM, "Bob Schwier schwepes2002@... [midatlanticretro]" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
        >>

        >> They are located at my house, which is just south of
        >> Rockville, MD
        >> (just outside the D.C. beltway, NW of D.C.). I'm
        >> not in a
        >> position to pack them for shipping, but if someone can
        >> come by and
        >> get them, I work from home so most days would work for
        >> that. If
        >> someone wants to buy them, that's great, but so
        >> long as they end
        >> up somewhere useful (you mentioned a museum?) and not
        >> in the
        >> trash, I'm happy and will let them go free of
        >> charge.
        >>

        >> Thanks!
        >>

        >> -- Mike B.
        >>

        >> On 5/29/2014 9:15 AM, Bob Schwier wrote:
        >>

        >> Greetings, just wanted a list of the available
        >> equipment, terms, and where you
        >> are located so that I can write something up.

      • ian_primus
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
          Heh, I would love to as well, simply because of the history - but it's over a five hour drive for me. I think you're a lot closer, Dave.

          -Ian
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
            On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 05:51:23AM -0700, ian_primus@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
            > Heh, I would love to as well, simply because of the history - but it's
            > over a five hour drive for me. I think you're a lot closer, Dave.

            I probably can pick up and bring to MARCH work day if someone coming to
            it wants them and no local person wishes them.
          • David Riley
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
              On Jun 5, 2014, at 8:51 AM, ian_primus@... [midatlanticretro] <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              > Heh, I would love to as well, simply because of the history - but it's over a five hour drive for me. I think you're a lot closer, Dave.

              New Kensington isn't really much closer than that to Rockville; Morgantown is about 4 hours away, and Pittsburgh is about an hour from Morgantown, so I assume it's similar.

              But Bethesda, where I seem to recall Dave Gesswein lives, is within spitting distance.

              Daves, if you're interested, I'm probably right on Dave Gesswein's way to the workshop (I'm 5-10 minutes off 95 in Philadelphia) and can hold on to them for Dave McGuire until he can pick them up, which should ease timing issues (I'm also 5 hours away, but not in a hurry and can probably stash it in the basement without my wife noticing). It'll be a chain of Daves. Message me off-list if this is an appealing proposition and not too out of anyone's way.

              - Dave
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
                > It'll be a chain of Daves.

                "Chain-chain-chain, chain of Daves...."

                We can also hold them at InfoAge because they're smallish.

                Dave M., you need to get out here anyhow to retrieve that spare B-80
                (please ... soon ....)
              • Cory Smelosky
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
                  On Thu, 5 Jun 2014, Evan Koblentz evan@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                  >> It'll be a chain of Daves.
                  >
                  > "Chain-chain-chain, chain of Daves...."
                  >
                  > We can also hold them at InfoAge because they're smallish.
                  >
                  > Dave M., you need to get out here anyhow to retrieve that spare B-80
                  > (please ... soon ....)

                  Hopefully he'll have room after I get my stuff from him. ;)

                  --
                  Cory Smelosky
                  http://gewt.net Personal stuff
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
                    On 06/05/2014 08:51 AM, ian_primus@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
                    > Heh, I would love to as well, simply because of the history - but it's
                    > over a five hour drive for me. I think you're a lot closer, Dave.

                    No, it's about the same distance.

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
                      On 06/05/2014 11:39 AM, Cory Smelosky b4@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
                      >>> It'll be a chain of Daves.
                      >>
                      >> "Chain-chain-chain, chain of Daves...."
                      >>
                      >> We can also hold them at InfoAge because they're smallish.
                      >>
                      >> Dave M., you need to get out here anyhow to retrieve that spare B-80
                      >> (please ... soon ....)
                      >
                      > Hopefully he'll have room after I get my stuff from him. ;)

                      It is not a space problem, it's a problem of carving out a thousand
                      bucks for a truck rental and blowing one or two days (which is a LOT of
                      work time for me) to make a trip. If I could afford that much time
                      away, I'd (damn well) have made it to VCF.

                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                      New Kensington, PA
                    • Cory Smelosky
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
                        On Thu, 5 Jun 2014, Dave McGuire Mcguire@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                        >> Hopefully he'll have room after I get my stuff from him. ;)
                        >
                        > It is not a space problem, it's a problem of carving out a thousand
                        > bucks for a truck rental and blowing one or two days (which is a LOT of
                        > work time for me) to make a trip. If I could afford that much time
                        > away, I'd (damn well) have made it to VCF.

                        Ahhh right.

                        Getting the racks out IS a space thing, though. ;)

                        I have the time...but not the means of transportation.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
                          On 06/05/2014 12:00 PM, Cory Smelosky b4@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
                          >>> Hopefully he'll have room after I get my stuff from him. ;)
                          >>
                          >> It is not a space problem, it's a problem of carving out a thousand
                          >> bucks for a truck rental and blowing one or two days (which is a LOT of
                          >> work time for me) to make a trip. If I could afford that much time
                          >> away, I'd (damn well) have made it to VCF.
                          >>

                          > Ahhh right.
                          >
                          > Getting the racks out IS a space thing, though. ;)

                          Yes, but that's a slightly different issue. This place is too cramped
                          to be presentable, but not too cramped to bring in another relatively
                          small machine like the B80. Dave Gesswein was here the other day, with
                          his wife Janet, and while I enjoyed their visit very much, I was very
                          embarrassed about the presentability of this place.

                          > I have the time...but not the means of transportation.

                          Well, on that, the local guy who is getting some of the big Suns is
                          talking about doing a truck trip on the 4th of July weekend. I can
                          bring your stuff out to you on that trip.

                          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                          New Kensington, PA
                        • Cory Smelosky
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014
                            On Thu, 5 Jun 2014, Dave McGuire Mcguire@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                            >> Ahhh right.
                            >>
                            >> Getting the racks out IS a space thing, though. ;)
                            >
                            > Yes, but that's a slightly different issue. This place is too cramped
                            > to be presentable, but not too cramped to bring in another relatively
                            > small machine like the B80. Dave Gesswein was here the other day, with
                            > his wife Janet, and while I enjoyed their visit very much, I was very
                            > embarrassed about the presentability of this place.

                            It looks perfectly presentable to US...but not to..."non believers" ;)

                            >> I have the time...but not the means of transportation.
                            >
                            > Well, on that, the local guy who is getting some of the big Suns is
                            > talking about doing a truck trip on the 4th of July weekend. I can
                            > bring your stuff out to you on that trip.

                            I don't think I have anything that weekend. Should be good to go.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 5, 2014

                              Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Fw: Re: old VAXs
                              To: "Dave McGuire Mcguire@... [midatlanticretro]" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                              Date: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 12:08 PM

                              Bob again, if it can wait until school is out, I can go down during the summer. You would have to
                              pick it up from Philadelphia. I'm glad you are interested.
                              I don't know if I can finnagle a trip to N. Jersey.
                              bs

                              On Thu, 5 Jun 2014, Dave McGuire
                              Mcguire@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                              >> Ahhh right.

                              >> Getting the racks out IS a space thing, though.
                              ;)

                              --

                              Cory Smelosky

                              http://gewt.net Personal stuff

                              http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327 --
                              #yiv6435542327ygrp-mkp {
                              border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
                              0;padding:0 10px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mkp hr {
                              border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mkp #yiv6435542327hd {
                              color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
                              0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mkp #yiv6435542327ads {
                              margin-bottom:10px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mkp .yiv6435542327ad {
                              padding:0 0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mkp .yiv6435542327ad p {
                              margin:0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mkp .yiv6435542327ad a {
                              color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-sponsor
                              #yiv6435542327ygrp-lc {
                              font-family:Arial;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-sponsor
                              #yiv6435542327ygrp-lc #yiv6435542327hd {
                              margin:10px
                              0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-sponsor
                              #yiv6435542327ygrp-lc .yiv6435542327ad {
                              margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327actions {
                              font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327activity {
                              background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327activity span {
                              font-weight:700;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327activity span:first-child {
                              text-transform:uppercase;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327activity span a {
                              color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327activity span span {
                              color:#ff7900;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327activity span
                              .yiv6435542327underline {
                              text-decoration:underline;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327attach {
                              clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
                              0;width:400px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327attach div a {
                              text-decoration:none;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327attach img {
                              border:none;padding-right:5px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327attach label {
                              display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327attach label a {
                              text-decoration:none;}

                              #yiv6435542327 blockquote {
                              margin:0 0 0 4px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327bold {
                              font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327bold a {
                              text-decoration:none;}

                              #yiv6435542327 dd.yiv6435542327last p a {
                              font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                              #yiv6435542327 dd.yiv6435542327last p span {
                              margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                              #yiv6435542327 dd.yiv6435542327last p
                              span.yiv6435542327yshortcuts {
                              margin-right:0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 div.yiv6435542327attach-table div div a {
                              text-decoration:none;}

                              #yiv6435542327 div.yiv6435542327attach-table {
                              width:400px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 div.yiv6435542327file-title a, #yiv6435542327
                              div.yiv6435542327file-title a:active, #yiv6435542327
                              div.yiv6435542327file-title a:hover, #yiv6435542327
                              div.yiv6435542327file-title a:visited {
                              text-decoration:none;}

                              #yiv6435542327 div.yiv6435542327photo-title a,
                              #yiv6435542327 div.yiv6435542327photo-title a:active,
                              #yiv6435542327 div.yiv6435542327photo-title a:hover,
                              #yiv6435542327 div.yiv6435542327photo-title a:visited {
                              text-decoration:none;}

                              #yiv6435542327 div#yiv6435542327ygrp-mlmsg
                              #yiv6435542327ygrp-msg p a span.yiv6435542327yshortcuts {
                              font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327green {
                              color:#628c2a;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327MsoNormal {
                              margin:0 0 0 0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 o {
                              font-size:0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327photos div {
                              float:left;width:72px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327photos div div {
                              border:1px solid
                              #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327photos div label {
                              color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327reco-category {
                              font-size:77%;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327reco-desc {
                              font-size:77%;}

                              #yiv6435542327 .yiv6435542327replbq {
                              margin:4px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
                              margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mlmsg {
                              font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
                              sans-serif;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mlmsg table {
                              font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mlmsg select,
                              #yiv6435542327 input, #yiv6435542327 textarea {
                              font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv6435542327
                              code {
                              font:115% monospace;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mlmsg * {
                              line-height:1.22em;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-mlmsg #yiv6435542327logo {
                              padding-bottom:10px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-msg p a {
                              font-family:Verdana;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-msg
                              p#yiv6435542327attach-count span {
                              color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-reco
                              #yiv6435542327reco-head {
                              color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-reco {
                              margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-sponsor #yiv6435542327ov
                              li a {
                              font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-sponsor #yiv6435542327ov
                              li {
                              font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-sponsor #yiv6435542327ov
                              ul {
                              margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-text {
                              font-family:Georgia;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-text p {
                              margin:0 0 1em 0;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-text tt {
                              font-size:120%;}

                              #yiv6435542327 #yiv6435542327ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
                              border-right:none !important;
                              }
                              #yiv6435542327
                            • Bob Schwier
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 9, 2014
                                On Thu, 6/5/14, Dave McGuire Mcguire@... [midatlanticretro] <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                If there are no other takers, I'd gladly head down to
                                MD to grab these machines. Their history is awesome.

                                -Dave

                                ------------ So is this taken care of? I had an unexpected vacation from my computer.
                                bs

                                --

                                <schwepes2002@...>

                                > ------------------------------------

                                > Yahoo Groups Links

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030 --
                                #yiv2973962030ygrp-mkp {
                                border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
                                0;padding:0 10px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mkp hr {
                                border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mkp #yiv2973962030hd {
                                color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
                                0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mkp #yiv2973962030ads {
                                margin-bottom:10px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mkp .yiv2973962030ad {
                                padding:0 0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mkp .yiv2973962030ad p {
                                margin:0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mkp .yiv2973962030ad a {
                                color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-sponsor
                                #yiv2973962030ygrp-lc {
                                font-family:Arial;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-sponsor
                                #yiv2973962030ygrp-lc #yiv2973962030hd {
                                margin:10px
                                0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-sponsor
                                #yiv2973962030ygrp-lc .yiv2973962030ad {
                                margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030actions {
                                font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030activity {
                                background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030activity span {
                                font-weight:700;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030activity span:first-child {
                                text-transform:uppercase;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030activity span a {
                                color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030activity span span {
                                color:#ff7900;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030activity span
                                .yiv2973962030underline {
                                text-decoration:underline;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030attach {
                                clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
                                0;width:400px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030attach div a {
                                text-decoration:none;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030attach img {
                                border:none;padding-right:5px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030attach label {
                                display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030attach label a {
                                text-decoration:none;}

                                #yiv2973962030 blockquote {
                                margin:0 0 0 4px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030bold {
                                font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030bold a {
                                text-decoration:none;}

                                #yiv2973962030 dd.yiv2973962030last p a {
                                font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                                #yiv2973962030 dd.yiv2973962030last p span {
                                margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                                #yiv2973962030 dd.yiv2973962030last p
                                span.yiv2973962030yshortcuts {
                                margin-right:0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 div.yiv2973962030attach-table div div a {
                                text-decoration:none;}

                                #yiv2973962030 div.yiv2973962030attach-table {
                                width:400px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 div.yiv2973962030file-title a, #yiv2973962030
                                div.yiv2973962030file-title a:active, #yiv2973962030
                                div.yiv2973962030file-title a:hover, #yiv2973962030
                                div.yiv2973962030file-title a:visited {
                                text-decoration:none;}

                                #yiv2973962030 div.yiv2973962030photo-title a,
                                #yiv2973962030 div.yiv2973962030photo-title a:active,
                                #yiv2973962030 div.yiv2973962030photo-title a:hover,
                                #yiv2973962030 div.yiv2973962030photo-title a:visited {
                                text-decoration:none;}

                                #yiv2973962030 div#yiv2973962030ygrp-mlmsg
                                #yiv2973962030ygrp-msg p a span.yiv2973962030yshortcuts {
                                font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030green {
                                color:#628c2a;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030MsoNormal {
                                margin:0 0 0 0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 o {
                                font-size:0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030photos div {
                                float:left;width:72px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030photos div div {
                                border:1px solid
                                #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030photos div label {
                                color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030reco-category {
                                font-size:77%;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030reco-desc {
                                font-size:77%;}

                                #yiv2973962030 .yiv2973962030replbq {
                                margin:4px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
                                margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mlmsg {
                                font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
                                sans-serif;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mlmsg table {
                                font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mlmsg select,
                                #yiv2973962030 input, #yiv2973962030 textarea {
                                font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv2973962030
                                code {
                                font:115% monospace;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mlmsg * {
                                line-height:1.22em;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-mlmsg #yiv2973962030logo {
                                padding-bottom:10px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-msg p a {
                                font-family:Verdana;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-msg
                                p#yiv2973962030attach-count span {
                                color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-reco
                                #yiv2973962030reco-head {
                                color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-reco {
                                margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-sponsor #yiv2973962030ov
                                li a {
                                font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-sponsor #yiv2973962030ov
                                li {
                                font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-sponsor #yiv2973962030ov
                                ul {
                                margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-text {
                                font-family:Georgia;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-text p {
                                margin:0 0 1em 0;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-text tt {
                                font-size:120%;}

                                #yiv2973962030 #yiv2973962030ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
                                border-right:none !important;
                                }
                                #yiv2973962030
                              • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 9, 2014
                                  "Bob Schwier schwepes2002@... [midatlanticretro]" writes:

                                  >On Thu, 6/5/14, Dave McGuire Mcguire@... [midatlanticretro] <mida=
                                  >tlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Fw: Re: old VAXs
                                  >=20
                                  >=20
                                  >=20
                                  >=20=20=20=20=20
                                  >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
                                  >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
                                  >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
                                  >=20
                                  > If there are no other takers, I'd gladly head down to
                                  > MD to grab these machines. Their history is awesome.

                                  Alliswrong history?

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 9, 2014
                                    On 06/09/2014 11:56 AM, 'Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-'
                                    VAXman@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
                                    > "Bob Schwier schwepes2002@... [midatlanticretro]" writes:
                                    >
                                    >> On Thu, 6/5/14, Dave McGuire Mcguire@... [midatlanticretro] <mida=
                                    >> tlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                    >>
                                    >> Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Fw: Re: old VAXs
                                    >> If there are no other takers, I'd gladly head down to
                                    >> MD to grab these machines. Their history is awesome.
                                    >
                                    > Alliswrong history?

                                    Yes.

                                    I didn't see any actual text in Bob's message, but I did see a lot of
                                    HTML/CSS crap. Were you able to parse anything in there?

                                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                                    New Kensington, PA
                                  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 9, 2014
                                      "Dave McGuire Mcguire@... [midatlanticretro]" writes:

                                      >On 06/09/2014 11:56 AM, 'Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-'
                                      >VAXman@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
                                      >> "Bob Schwier schwepes2002@... [midatlanticretro]" writes:
                                      >>
                                      >>> On Thu, 6/5/14, Dave McGuire Mcguire@... [midatlanticretro] <mida=
                                      >>> tlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                      >>>
                                      >>> Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Fw: Re: old VAXs
                                      >>> If there are no other takers, I'd gladly head down to
                                      >>> MD to grab these machines. Their history is awesome.
                                      >>
                                      >> Alliswrong history?
                                      >
                                      > Yes.
                                      >
                                      > I didn't see any actual text in Bob's message, but I did see a lot of
                                      >HTML/CSS crap. Were you able to parse anything in there?

                                      I read my email with VMS mail first. If there's need to parse MIME crap, I
                                      then read it on my Linux or Mac laptops. While there was more than ample
                                      HTML/CSS crap, I was able to distill the crux of the message.

                                      As for Alliswrong, it was the TCP/IP stack installed on the VMS system when
                                      I took over as the VMS supprt specialist at a DREN lab. Crash and burn on
                                      a daily -- or more -- basis with Alliswrong (hence the disparaging moniker
                                      for Wollongong) TCP/IP. Thankfully, TGV created MultiNet and, at that time,
                                      offered a half price license and a 1.5 years free maintenence of purchased
                                      to replace an existing TCP/IP product. I convinced the power that be to
                                      drop Alliswrong and replace it with TGV's MultiNet after running it on one
                                      of the systems for 2 months without a since crash.

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 9, 2014
                                        On 06/09/2014 12:19 PM, 'Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-'

                                        >>> Alliswrong history?
                                        >>
                                        >> Yes.
                                        >>
                                        >> I didn't see any actual text in Bob's message, but I did see a lot of
                                        >> HTML/CSS crap. Were you able to parse anything in there?
                                        >
                                        > I read my email with VMS mail first. If there's need to parse MIME crap, I
                                        > then read it on my Linux or Mac laptops. While there was more than ample
                                        > HTML/CSS crap, I was able to distill the crux of the message.
                                        >
                                        > As for Alliswrong, it was the TCP/IP stack installed on the VMS system when
                                        > I took over as the VMS supprt specialist at a DREN lab. Crash and burn on
                                        > a daily -- or more -- basis with Alliswrong (hence the disparaging moniker
                                        > for Wollongong) TCP/IP. Thankfully, TGV created MultiNet and, at that time,
                                        > offered a half price license and a 1.5 years free maintenence of purchased
                                        > to replace an existing TCP/IP product. I convinced the power that be to
                                        > drop Alliswrong and replace it with TGV's MultiNet after running it on one
                                        > of the systems for 2 months without a since crash.

                                        If memory serves, Wollongong also did the IP stack for the AT&T
                                        7300/3B1. It crashed every few minutes.

                                        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                                        New Kensington, PA
                                      • Cory Smelosky
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 9, 2014
                                          On Mon, 9 Jun 2014, 'Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-' VAXman@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                                          > I read my email with VMS mail first. If there's need to parse MIME crap, I
                                          > then read it on my Linux or Mac laptops. While there was more than ample
                                          > HTML/CSS crap, I was able to distill the crux of the message.

                                          Alpine here. If I need to parse MIME to read the content...it's not worth
                                          my time. ;)

                                          > As for Alliswrong, it was the TCP/IP stack installed on the VMS system when
                                          > I took over as the VMS supprt specialist at a DREN lab. Crash and burn on
                                          > a daily -- or more -- basis with Alliswrong (hence the disparaging moniker
                                          > for Wollongong) TCP/IP. Thankfully, TGV created MultiNet and, at that time,
                                          > offered a half price license and a 1.5 years free maintenence of purchased
                                          > to replace an existing TCP/IP product. I convinced the power that be to
                                          > drop Alliswrong and replace it with TGV's MultiNet after running it on one
                                          > of the systems for 2 months without a since crash.

                                          Sounds like a stack I'd want to play with. ;)

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 9, 2014

                                            To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                                            Date: Monday, June 9, 2014, 12:19 PM

                                            I'm top posting because i don't know what is going to be seen on
                                            the other end. I was using Safari on an old Apple product and I
                                            thought I was writing above the garbage. I was in a hurry as this
                                            had to be finished during my break.
                                            Okay, I read some old posts about Mark's VAX offer and I wanted
                                            to know if anything was decided. I have been off line in an
                                            unintended vacation from being on line.
                                            bs

                                            "Dave McGuire Mcguire@...
                                            [midatlanticretro]" writes:

                                            >On 06/09/2014 11:56 AM, 'Brian Schenkenberger,
                                            VAXman-'

                                            >VAXman@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                                            >> "Bob Schwier schwepes2002@...
                                            [midatla

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 9, 2014
                                              On 06/09/2014 05:57 PM, Bob Schwier schwepes2002@...
                                              [midatlanticretro] wrote:
                                              > I'm top posting because i don't know what is going to be seen on
                                              > the other end. I was using Safari on an old Apple product and I
                                              > thought I was writing above the garbage. I was in a hurry as this
                                              > had to be finished during my break.
                                              > Okay, I read some old posts about Mark's VAX offer and I wanted
                                              > to know if anything was decided. I have been off line in an
                                              > unintended vacation from being on line.

                                              Ah, no worries. I hope everything is ok. Thanks for the re-post.

                                              I'm interested in adopting those VAXen. I have a vehicle that can
                                              move them (they're one of the few things I'm trying to get moved that
                                              don't require a truck!) but won't be able to get down there until after
                                              the 4th of July weekend. Can they sit tight until then?

                                              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                                              New Kensington, PA
                                            • Bob Schwier
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jun 9, 2014

                                                To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                                                Date: Monday, June 9, 2014, 6:00 PM

                                                 I'm still top posting because I'm unsure about how clean my sending is.
                                                I think that that would work. I may be able to go down myself just before
                                                the July 4 weekend.
                                                bs

                                                [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                                                > I'm top posting because i don't know what is
                                                going to be seen on

                                                > the other end. I was using Safari on an old Apple
                                                product and I

                                                > thought I was writing above the garbage. I was in a
                                                hurry as this

                                                > had to be finished during my break.

                                                > Okay, I read some old posts about Mark's VAX offer
                                                and I wanted

                                                > to know if anything was decided. I have been off line
                                                in an

                                                > unintended vacation from being on line.

                                                Ah, no worries. I hope everything is ok. Thanks for the
                                                re-post.

                                                I'm interested in adopting those VAXen. I have a
                                                vehicle that can

                                                move them (they're one of the few things I'm trying
                                                to get moved that

                                                don't require a truck!) but won't be able to get
                                                down there until after

                                                the 4th of July weekend. Can they sit tight until then?

                                                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ

                                                New Kensington, PA

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273 --
                                                #yiv9780776273ygrp-mkp {
                                                border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
                                                0;padding:0 10px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mkp hr {
                                                border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mkp #yiv9780776273hd {
                                                color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
                                                0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mkp #yiv9780776273ads {
                                                margin-bottom:10px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mkp .yiv9780776273ad {
                                                padding:0 0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mkp .yiv9780776273ad p {
                                                margin:0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mkp .yiv9780776273ad a {
                                                color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-sponsor
                                                #yiv9780776273ygrp-lc {
                                                font-family:Arial;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-sponsor
                                                #yiv9780776273ygrp-lc #yiv9780776273hd {
                                                margin:10px
                                                0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-sponsor
                                                #yiv9780776273ygrp-lc .yiv9780776273ad {
                                                margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273actions {
                                                font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273activity {
                                                background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273activity span {
                                                font-weight:700;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273activity span:first-child {
                                                text-transform:uppercase;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273activity span a {
                                                color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273activity span span {
                                                color:#ff7900;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273activity span
                                                .yiv9780776273underline {
                                                text-decoration:underline;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273attach {
                                                clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
                                                0;width:400px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273attach div a {
                                                text-decoration:none;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273attach img {
                                                border:none;padding-right:5px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273attach label {
                                                display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273attach label a {
                                                text-decoration:none;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 blockquote {
                                                margin:0 0 0 4px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273bold {
                                                font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273bold a {
                                                text-decoration:none;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 dd.yiv9780776273last p a {
                                                font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 dd.yiv9780776273last p span {
                                                margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 dd.yiv9780776273last p
                                                span.yiv9780776273yshortcuts {
                                                margin-right:0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 div.yiv9780776273attach-table div div a {
                                                text-decoration:none;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 div.yiv9780776273attach-table {
                                                width:400px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 div.yiv9780776273file-title a, #yiv9780776273
                                                div.yiv9780776273file-title a:active, #yiv9780776273
                                                div.yiv9780776273file-title a:hover, #yiv9780776273
                                                div.yiv9780776273file-title a:visited {
                                                text-decoration:none;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 div.yiv9780776273photo-title a,
                                                #yiv9780776273 div.yiv9780776273photo-title a:active,
                                                #yiv9780776273 div.yiv9780776273photo-title a:hover,
                                                #yiv9780776273 div.yiv9780776273photo-title a:visited {
                                                text-decoration:none;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 div#yiv9780776273ygrp-mlmsg
                                                #yiv9780776273ygrp-msg p a span.yiv9780776273yshortcuts {
                                                font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273green {
                                                color:#628c2a;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273MsoNormal {
                                                margin:0 0 0 0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 o {
                                                font-size:0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273photos div {
                                                float:left;width:72px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273photos div div {
                                                border:1px solid
                                                #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273photos div label {
                                                color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273reco-category {
                                                font-size:77%;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273reco-desc {
                                                font-size:77%;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 .yiv9780776273replbq {
                                                margin:4px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
                                                margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mlmsg {
                                                font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
                                                sans-serif;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mlmsg table {
                                                font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mlmsg select,
                                                #yiv9780776273 input, #yiv9780776273 textarea {
                                                font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv9780776273
                                                code {
                                                font:115% monospace;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mlmsg * {
                                                line-height:1.22em;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-mlmsg #yiv9780776273logo {
                                                padding-bottom:10px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-msg p a {
                                                font-family:Verdana;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-msg
                                                p#yiv9780776273attach-count span {
                                                color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-reco
                                                #yiv9780776273reco-head {
                                                color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-reco {
                                                margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-sponsor #yiv9780776273ov
                                                li a {
                                                font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-sponsor #yiv9780776273ov
                                                li {
                                                font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-sponsor #yiv9780776273ov
                                                ul {
                                                margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-text {
                                                font-family:Georgia;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-text p {
                                                margin:0 0 1em 0;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-text tt {
                                                font-size:120%;}

                                                #yiv9780776273 #yiv9780776273ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {