Re: [midatlanticretro] Teletype nameplate

  • BOYD BORRILL
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2005
      hI dAVE;
           jUST A SUGGESTION:  i USED TO RUN A COMPUTER MAINTENANCE FACILITY AND WE HAD DOZENS OF TTY PRINTERS TO KEEP RUNNING 24/7.  WE ORDERED PARTSS DIRECTLY FROM TELETYPE CORP. IN SKOKIE, IL (iI THINK). tHEY WERE EASY TO TALK TO, PRICES WERE VERY GOOD (FOR EXAMPLE, A COMPLETE ASSEMBLED KEYBOARD FOR A MODEL 33 ASR WAS $35.OO NEW) AND DELIVERY WAS LESS THAN A WEEK.
          tHAT NAME PLATE MAY BE VERY HARD TO FIND ELSEWHERE.
      RAY BORRILL

      David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:
         At TCF somebody said that they might have a spare teletype nameplate
      that covers the screws across the front which is missing from mine.  I forgot
      who that was.  If you are around and have a spare email me.

      Thanks,
      David Gesswein
      http://www.pdp8.net/  -- Run an old computer with blinkenlights
                               Have any PDP-8 stuff you're willing to part with?

      Pioneer Purveyor of Personal Processing Power