Funny kids react to an Apple II video

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 9 , May 26, 2014
      http://youtu.be/PF7EpEnglgk

      I almost fell out of my chair watching this one
      Cheers,
      Corey
      Message 2 of 9 , May 26, 2014
        >> I almost fell out of my chair watching this one

        Hey -- the kids taught me something! Thought you had to press CTRL-reset to use a straight Apple II. Didn't know reset alone does it.
      • David Riley
        Message 3 of 9 , May 26, 2014
          On May 26, 2014, at 19:56, "Evan Koblentz evan@... [midatlanticretro]" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          >> I almost fell out of my chair watching this one

          Hey -- the kids taught me something! Thought you had to press CTRL-reset to use a straight Apple II. Didn't know reset alone does it.

          That depends. There's a switch on the keyboard of the II+, so you could choose between ease of use or not accidentally obliterating your work when you hit reset by accident. Pre-plus models were just reset; I don't recall what the situation was on later models.

          - Dave

        • Wesley Furr
          Message 4 of 9 , May 26, 2014
            I learned something too...one of the blurbs at the bottom told me the Apple Lisa was the first computer to use a mouse...silly me...I thought it was the Xerox Alto!

            Wesley

            Hey -- the kids taught me something! Thought you had to press CTRL-reset to use a straight Apple II. Didn't know reset alone does it.

          • Cory Smelosky
            Message 5 of 9 , May 26, 2014
              On Mon, 26 May 2014, 'Wesley Furr' wesley@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

              > I learned something too...one of the blurbs at the bottom told me the Apple
              > Lisa was the first computer to use a mouse...silly me...I thought it was the
              > Xerox Alto!

              To be 100% pedantic, neither were first. ;)

              --
              Cory Smelosky
              http://gewt.net Personal stuff
              Message 6 of 9 , May 26, 2014
                >> one of the blurbs at the bottom told me the Apple Lisa was the first computer to use a mouse

                Pretty big blunder. Anyway, the video is entertaining, and also enlightening about kids' perspectives of computing.
              • Cory Smelosky
                Message 7 of 9 , May 26, 2014
                  On Mon, 26 May 2014, Evan Koblentz evan@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                  >>> one of the blurbs at the bottom told me the Apple Lisa was the first computer to use a mouse
                  >
                  > Pretty big blunder. Anyway, the video is entertaining, and also enlightening about kids' perspectives of computing.

                  I like the one kid that seems to actually have a basic grasp of it.

                  --
                  Cory Smelosky
                  http://gewt.net Personal stuff
                  http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects
                • David Keith
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 26, 2014

                    haha .... even the parents of those kids would not know how to react to an Apple II.

                    The IBM model number 5150, and was introduced on August 12, 1981.  It turns 33 years old soon. there was such a diverse and booming market of systems before.   Should we have a Birthday party and welcome it to vintage computing? HaHa

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 27, 2014
                      Indeed...they have some other videos that are pretty funny too...cassette tapes, rotary phones, etc.

                      Wesley

                       Pretty big blunder. Anyway, the video is entertaining, and also enlightening about kids' perspectives of computing.