New Goodies

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 7 , May 25, 2014

      I just got back from a meeting with Dave Dunfield, he is selling most of his stuff, so if anyone is interested in anything from his collection, you can contact him.  I just bought his H10 paper tape reader and a Tarbell Cassette interface.  I will likely be meeting him again in the summer, so for anyone here going to VCF MW, I can deliver it there in September.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 25, 2014
        On 05/25/2014 10:43 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
        > I just got back from a meeting with Dave Dunfield, he is selling most of
        > his stuff, so if anyone is interested in anything from his collection,
        > you can contact him. I just bought his H10 paper tape reader and a
        > Tarbell Cassette interface. I will likely be meeting him again in the
        > summer, so for anyone here going to VCF MW, I can deliver it there in
        > September.

        !!?

        Why is he selling his stuff? Is he ok?

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 7 , May 25, 2014
          ---In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <Mcguire@...> wrote :

          >Why is he selling his stuff? Is he ok?

          Yes, he's fine.  Looks to be in good health.  I think he's just wanting to decluter his space.
          His son isn't interested in his collection and I guess he's had enough.  He figures it's time that others can appreciate these pieces and it's going to take a long time to sell them all.

          I will likely do the same in about 20 years.

          Cheers,
          Josh.

        • Cory Smelosky
          Message 4 of 7 , May 25, 2014
            On Sun, 25 May 2014, joshbensadon wrote:

            > ---In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <Mcguire@...> wrote :
            >
            >> Why is he selling his stuff? Is he ok?
            >

            > Yes, he's fine. Looks to be in good health. I think he's just wanting to decluter his space.
            > His son isn't interested in his collection and I guess he's had enough. He figures it's time that others can appreciate these pieces and it's going to take a long time to sell them all.

            What all does he have?

            --
            Cory Smelosky
            http://gewt.net Personal stuff
            Message 5 of 7 , May 25, 2014
              What he has collected is simply wonderful & amazing!  http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/

              Message 6 of 7 , May 25, 2014
                On Mon, 26 May 2014, Paul Birkel pbirkel@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

                > What he has collected is simply wonderful & amazing!
                > http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/

                I could certainly use that VS2000 of his. ;)

                Message 7 of 7 , May 27, 2014
                  Yeah, his website is full of stuff, thanks for posting his website Paul.

                  Just contact him, see what he has.  He's a little slow in answering his emails, he's a busy man.

                  Cheers,
                  Josh