Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Another weekend, another cool MARCH exhibit

Expand Messages
  • Evan Koblentz
    Howdy MARCHians, I received an interesting message from VCF s Sellam Ismail today. He was invited to speak on a retrocomputing panel at the upcoming HOPE
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Howdy MARCHians,

      I received an interesting message from VCF's Sellam Ismail today. He was
      invited to speak on a "retrocomputing" panel at the upcoming HOPE Six
      conference (http://www.hopenumbersix.net) along with Jason Scott, security
      expert Sam Nitzberg, and Richard Cheshire (http://cheshirecatalyst.com).
      Sellam thought it would be cool to have MARCH present a modest exhibit of
      vintage computers there, so the panel leader (Nitzberg) asked the HOPE
      management, and they said yes.

      So now it's up to us.

      I just spoke with Nitzberg by telephone. He said he loved our VCF event
      (which is how he met Sellam and Jason) and that we can easily get a
      half-dozen tables in a U-shape at the event to fill with our toys.

      There are some issues to address first. It's a Friday - Sunday event, July
      21-23, at a hotel in Manhattan. The panel is on Saturday. Nitzberg said
      he'll look into getting us a break on hotel rooms if we choose to stay for
      more than one day -- even with a break hotel rooms in Manhattan are still
      expensive. There's no news about security yet; would we get a secure room
      or could they assign someone to guard our booth? I don't have any answers
      yet. Travel is an issue as well. I'm sure not going to drive my Miata into
      the city; the potholes and taxis would be hell. If we get four or five
      MARCHians involved, then perhaps we can meet at someone's house outside the
      city, leave our cars, and rent a cargo van. MARCH could potentially help
      with these expenses, which I think would be worthwhile since the HOPE
      conference attracts an ideal audience for us.

      For now this is an initial query: assuming we get the logistics solved, who
      would exhibit / help with this? The exhibits we make would be more like
      those at Trenton (simple) than at VCF (fancy). Also, unlike at Trenton, I'd
      make sure we all get comp passes for this. The lecture topics sound
      fascinating.

      It's only five and a half weeks away so we'd have to work fast.

      - Evan
    • B. Degnan
      I ll probably be able to do it. If I do, I will make an exhibit that can be carried on a train as luggage :-) Bill
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        I'll probably be able to do it.  If I do, I will make an exhibit that can be carried on a train as luggage :-)
        Bill

        At 10:10 PM 6/14/2006 -0400, you wrote:

        Howdy MARCHians,

        I received an interesting message from VCF's Sellam Ismail today. He was
        invited to speak on a "retrocomputing" panel at the upcoming HOPE Six
        conference (http://www.hopenumbersix.net) along with Jason Scott, security
        expert Sam Nitzberg, and Richard Cheshire (http://cheshirecatalyst.com).
        Sellam thought it would be cool to have MARCH present a modest exhibit of
        vintage computers there, so the panel leader (Nitzberg) asked the HOPE
        management, and they said yes.

        So now it's up to us.

        I just spoke with Nitzberg by telephone. He said he loved our VCF event
        (which is how he met Sellam and Jason) and that we can easily get a
        half-dozen tables in a U-shape at the event to fill with our toys.

        There are some issues to address first. It's a Friday - Sunday event, July
        21-23, at a hotel in Manhattan. The panel is on Saturday. Nitzberg said
        he'll look into getting us a break on hotel rooms if we choose to stay for
        more than one day -- even with a break hotel rooms in Manhattan are still
        expensive. There's no news about security yet; would we get a secure room
        or could they assign someone to guard our booth? I don't have any answers
        yet. Travel is an issue as well. I'm sure not going to drive my Miata into
        the city; the potholes and taxis would be hell. If we get four or five
        MARCHians involved, then perhaps we can meet at someone's house outside the
        city, leave our cars, and rent a cargo van. MARCH could potentially help
        with these expenses, which I think would be worthwhile since the HOPE
        conference attracts an ideal audience for us.

        For now this is an initial query: assuming we get the logistics solved, who
        would exhibit / help with this? The exhibits we make would be more like
        those at Trenton (simple) than at VCF (fancy). Also, unlike at Trenton, I'd
        make sure we all get comp passes for this. The lecture topics sound
        fascinating.

        It's only five and a half weeks away so we'd have to work fast.

        - Evan

      • B. Degnan
        Is there an update on the swap meet date? I hope we can nail this down soon. If the event were held today, here is a sample list of what I would bring: DEC
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          Is there an update on the swap meet date? I hope we can nail this down soon.

          If the event were held today, here is a sample list of what I would bring:

          DEC 350 Professional complete working system with monitors, docs, etc.
          Epson Equity 1 (bad diskette drive controller)
          Amdek mono monitor
          Windows 3.1 software and other related
          IBM PCs (Reb B/C) parts.
          IBM XTs parts
          new keyboards for Commodore PET 2001 (later) through 4000-series
          Commodore 64 (avail as boxed or not)
          TI 99/4a's (avail as boxed or not, silver and cream colored versions)
          Commodore Plus/4's (avail as boxed or not)
          Commodore 1541 drives (as boxed or not, all kinds)
          Commodore CBM 8032 64K memory expansion (new in box w/ manual, etc.)
          Commodore B Series software (Superscript, Superbase, SuperOffice, etc.)
          TRS 80 Model 1 double density controllers (for expansion unit)
          etc.
          etc.

          Bill
        • Evan Koblentz
          I ll try to finalize an available date at the next InfoAge board meeting. I now think we should have it a different day than the radio club s event. Are there
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            I'll try to finalize an available date at the next InfoAge board meeting.  I now think we should have it a different day than the radio club's event.
             
            Are there any dates specifically NOT good for anyone?  I'll try my best to accomodate everyone.
             


            From: B. Degnan [mailto:billdeg@...]
            Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:35 PM
            To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [midatlanticretro] Swap Meet Update?

            Is there an update on the swap meet date? I hope we can nail this down soon.

            If the event were held today, here is a sample list of what I would bring:

            DEC 350 Professional complete working system with monitors, docs, etc.
            Epson Equity 1 (bad diskette drive controller)
            Amdek mono monitor
            Windows 3.1 software and other related
            IBM PCs (Reb B/C) parts.
            IBM XTs parts
            new keyboards for Commodore PET 2001 (later) through 4000-series
            Commodore 64 (avail as boxed or not)
            TI 99/4a's (avail as boxed or not, silver and cream colored versions)
            Commodore Plus/4's (avail as boxed or not)
            Commodore 1541 drives (as boxed or not, all kinds)
            Commodore CBM 8032 64K memory expansion (new in box w/ manual, etc.)
            Commodore B Series software (Superscript, Superbase, SuperOffice, etc.)
            TRS 80 Model 1 double density controllers (for expansion unit)
            etc.
            etc.

            Bill

          • Herb Johnson
            ... down soon. - Bill I m planning to attend and sell as well. Bill s post with list is a good idea; I ll see about posting a list of what I ll bring. In
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 15, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
              >
              > Is there an update on the swap meet date? I hope we can nail this
              down soon. - Bill

              I'm planning to attend and sell as well. Bill's post with list is a
              good idea; I'll see about posting a list of what I'll bring. In
              general, I thought I'd bring a bunch of SGI stuff and a little Sun
              stuff and Apple/Mac stuff. My preference is to bring the heavy items
              that cost something to ship. I'd appreciate encourgements on
              particular items (via this mail list) such as:

              SGI Indigo 2, Indigo, Octane (Octanes are about 50 lbs or more)
              SGI Indy (R5000's? R4400's?)
              really old Sun single boards like 3/ series?
              later Sun like SparcStations?

              Mac systems in boxes vs just the systems?
              Some of the all-in-one Macs? (with internal color monitors, heavy)
              Some of the 9-inch Macs (Plus, SE, Classic?)
              Mac LC, LC II, LC III - the little flat desk models? (I have lots)
              Any powermacs of interest?

              ...and so forth. I only have one station wagon to fill...?

              Herb Johnson

              Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
              <a href="http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/"> web site</a>
              <a href="http://retrotechnology.net/herbs_stuff/"> domain mirror</a>
              my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
              if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
              "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
              S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr. S-100"
            • Sellam Ismail
              ... The event room rate at the Hotel Pennsylvania (where the event is being held) is $145/night, which is pretty good for downtown Manhattan across from
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 15, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                > There are some issues to address first. It's a Friday - Sunday event, July
                > 21-23, at a hotel in Manhattan. The panel is on Saturday. Nitzberg said
                > he'll look into getting us a break on hotel rooms if we choose to stay for
                > more than one day -- even with a break hotel rooms in Manhattan are still
                > expensive.

                The event room rate at the Hotel Pennsylvania (where the event is being
                held) is $145/night, which is pretty good for downtown Manhattan across
                from Madison Square Garden.

                > It's only five and a half weeks away so we'd have to work fast.

                I hope you guys decide to do it. It would be a fun opportunity.

                In the very least, I promise the panel I'm in will be entertaining.

                --

                Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.vintage.org

                [ Old computing resources for business || Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Computers ]
                [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at http://marketplace.vintage.org ]
              • David Comley
                Sun 3/60 ? I m looking for a system board for one of these - mine failed half way through an install of SunOS 4.1 with some sort of memory error, so I would
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 16, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  Sun 3/60 ? I'm looking for a system board for one of
                  these - mine failed half way through an install of
                  SunOS 4.1 with some sort of memory error, so I would
                  certainly encourage seeing that sort of system.

                  -Dave

                  --- Herb Johnson <hjohnson@...> wrote:

                  > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan"
                  > <billdeg@...> wrote:

                  > that cost something to ship. I'd appreciate
                  > encourgements on
                  > particular items (via this mail list) such as:
                  >
                  > SGI Indigo 2, Indigo, Octane (Octanes are about 50
                  > lbs or more)
                  > SGI Indy (R5000's? R4400's?)
                  > really old Sun single boards like 3/ series?
                  > later Sun like SparcStations?


                  __________________________________________________
                  Do You Yahoo!?
                  Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Herb Johnson
                  ... I ll see what I can provide. I ll try to accumulate these requests and prepare what I take to the fleamarket accordingly. David, et al, take a look around
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 18, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    > --- Herb Johnson <hjohnson@...> wrote:
                    > > I'd appreciate
                    > > encourgements on
                    > > particular items (via this mail list) such as:
                    > >
                    > > SGI Indigo 2, Indigo, Octane (Octanes are about 50
                    > > lbs or more)
                    > > SGI Indy (R5000's? R4400's?)
                    > > really old Sun single boards like 3/ series?
                    > > later Sun like SparcStations?

                    --- David Comley <david_comley@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Sun 3/60 ? I'm looking for a system board for one of
                    > these - mine failed half way through an install of
                    > SunOS 4.1 with some sort of memory error, so I would
                    > certainly encourage seeing that sort of system.
                    >
                    > -Dave

                    I'll see what I can provide. I'll try to accumulate these requests and
                    prepare what I take to the fleamarket accordingly. David, et al, take
                    a look around my Web site and see what is of interest, and contact me
                    privately. Kinks and email addresses are below.

                    Herb JOhnson

                    Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                    <a href="http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/"> web site</a>
                    <a href="http://retrotechnology.net/herbs_stuff/"> domain mirror</a>
                    my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
                    if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
                    "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
                    S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr. S-100"
                  • Bill Sudbrink
                    ... I there any further news on this?
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Sellam Ismail wrote:
                      > On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                      >
                      > > There are some issues to address first. It's a Friday - Sunday
                      > > event, July 21-23, at a hotel in Manhattan. The panel is on
                      > > Saturday. Nitzberg said he'll look into getting us a break on
                      > > hotel rooms if we choose to stay for more than one day -- even
                      > > with a break hotel rooms in Manhattan are still expensive.
                      >
                      > The event room rate at the Hotel Pennsylvania (where the event is being
                      > held) is $145/night, which is pretty good for downtown Manhattan across
                      > from Madison Square Garden.
                      >
                      > > It's only five and a half weeks away so we'd have to work fast.
                      >
                      > I hope you guys decide to do it. It would be a fun opportunity.
                      >
                      > In the very least, I promise the panel I'm in will be entertaining.

                      I there any further news on this?
                    • Evan Koblentz
                      I haven t heard back from the organizers. Will try reaching them again today. _____ From: Bill Sudbrink [mailto:wh.sudbrink@verizon.net] Sent: Thursday, June
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                      • 0 Attachment
                        I haven't heard back from the organizers.  Will try reaching them again today.


                        From: Bill Sudbrink [mailto:wh.sudbrink@...]
                        Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:17 AM
                        To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                        Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Another weekend, another cool MARCH exhibit

                        Sellam Ismail wrote:

                        > On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Evan Koblentz
                        wrote:
                        >
                        > > There are some issues to address first. It's a
                        Friday - Sunday
                        > > event, July 21-23, at a hotel in Manhattan. The
                        panel is on
                        > > Saturday. Nitzberg said he'll look into getting us a
                        break on
                        > > hotel rooms if we choose to stay for more than one day --
                        even
                        > > with a break hotel rooms in Manhattan are still
                        expensive.
                        >
                        > The event room rate at the Hotel Pennsylvania (where
                        the event is being
                        > held) is $145/night, which is pretty good for
                        downtown Manhattan across
                        > from Madison Square Garden.
                        >
                        > > It's only five and a half weeks away so we'd have to work fast.
                        >
                        > I hope you guys decide to do it. It would be a fun opportunity.
                        >
                        > In the very least, I promise the panel I'm in will be
                        entertaining.

                        I there any further news on this?

                      • Evan Koblentz
                        Hi all, I haven t heard back yet from the HOPE organizers about security, but the more I think about, the more I think we should just go for one of the three
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Hi all,
                           
                          I haven't heard back yet from the HOPE organizers about security, but the more I think about, the more I think we should just go for one of the three days (Saturday, which is the day of Sellam's panel)... this way we won't have to worry about security (since we can always have one or two people at the booth while others explore the show), nor will we have to spend $145 per person for rooms in the hotel (personally, I don't want to spend that much)... so this is the best solution I could think of.
                           
                          The people who volunteered are Bill Degnan, Kelly Leavitt, and Bill Sudbrink, in addition to myself.  Anyone else?  Let me know your plans as soon as possible.  Seriously!
                           
                          As I wrote in the original message, what I think we should do is meet up someplace central and convenient here in NJ, and then all travel together in a rented full-sized van.  (I called the hotel and they said a full-size van is the largest vehicle they can handle in the parking garage -- no box trucks allowed.)
                           
                          I propose that our meeting place should be Metropark.  It's a major Amtrak station in Iselin, NJ., so people can arrive from far and wide.  Those who drive in can safely park for just two dollars (can't beat that!), and MARCH will fund the rental cost of a large van.  Then it's just a short drive (about 45-60 minutes) into Manhattan, depending on traffic.
                           
                          We could possibly rent two vans (or two SUVs, or whatever's necessary) if more people volunteer.  Or we could bring the equipment in a van and the remaining people in someone's car.
                           
                          Feedback is welcome; more volunteers are urged!
                           
                          - Evan


                          From: Evan Koblentz [mailto:evan@...]
                          Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:43 PM
                          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                          Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Another weekend, another cool MARCH exhibit

                          I haven't heard back from the organizers.  Will try reaching them again today.


                          From: Bill Sudbrink [mailto:wh.sudbrink@...]
                          Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:17 AM
                          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                          Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Another weekend, another cool MARCH exhibit

                          Sellam Ismail wrote:

                          > On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Evan Koblentz
                          wrote:
                          >
                          > > There are some issues to address first. It's a
                          Friday - Sunday
                          > > event, July 21-23, at a hotel in Manhattan. The
                          panel is on
                          > > Saturday. Nitzberg said he'll look into getting us a
                          break on
                          > > hotel rooms if we choose to stay for more than one day --
                          even
                          > > with a break hotel rooms in Manhattan are still
                          expensive.
                          >
                          > The event room rate at the Hotel Pennsylvania (where
                          the event is being
                          > held) is $145/night, which is pretty good for
                          downtown Manhattan across
                          > from Madison Square Garden.
                          >
                          > > It's only five and a half weeks away so we'd have to work fast.
                          >
                          > I hope you guys decide to do it. It would be a fun opportunity.
                          >
                          > In the very least, I promise the panel I'm in will be
                          entertaining.

                          I there any further news on this?

                        • B Degnan
                          I like the one day exhibit idea. Please define the total space for our group, so that we can determine what fraction each person will be allocated and the max
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                          • 0 Attachment
                            I like the one day exhibit idea.

                            Please define the total space for our group, so that we can determine
                            what fraction each person will be allocated and the max number of
                            possible persons who can get involved. Who will the audience be?
                            Are we are expected to have working systems (and if so will there
                            be power?).

                            Once we summarize the conditions, we should set a deadline to signup
                            so that we can plan our exhibits based on the space/power/etc.

                            Bill

                            At Thursday, 22 June 2006, you wrote:

                            >Hi all,

                            >I haven't heard back yet from the HOPE organizers about security,
                            but the
                            >more I think about, the more I think we should just go for one of
                            the three days
                            >(Saturday, which is the day of Sellam's panel)... this way we won't
                            have to
                            >worry about security (since we can always have one or two people
                            at the booth
                            >while others explore the show), nor will we have to spend $145 per
                            person for
                            >rooms in the hotel (personally, I don't want to spend that much).
                            . so this
                            >is the best solution I could think of.

                            >The people who volunteered are Bill Degnan, Kelly Leavitt,
                            >and Bill Sudbrink, in addition to myself.  Anyone else?  Let me know
                            >your plans as soon as possible.  Seriously!

                            >As I wrote in the original message, what I think we should do is
                            meet up
                            >someplace central and convenient here in NJ, and then all travel
                            together in a
                            >rented full-sized van.  (I called the hotel and they said a full-
                            size van
                            >is the largest vehicle they can handle in the parking garage --
                            no box trucks
                            >allowed.)

                            >I propose that our meeting place should be Metropark.  It's a major
                            >Amtrak station in Iselin, NJ., so people can arrive from far and
                            wide. 
                            >Those who drive in can safely park for just two dollars (can't beat
                            that!), and
                            >MARCH will fund the rental cost of a large van.  Then it's just
                            >a short drive (about 45-60 minutes) into Manhattan, depending on
                            >traffic.

                            >We could possibly rent two vans (or two SUVs, or whatever's
                            >necessary) if more people volunteer.  Or we could bring the equipment
                            >in a van and the remaining people in someone's car.

                            >Feedback is welcome; more volunteers are urged!

                            >- Evan
                            >
                            >-----------------------------------------------------------------
                            >From: Evan Koblentz [mailto:evan@...]
                            >Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:43 PMTo:
                            >midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [midatlanticretro]
                            >Another weekend, another cool MARCH exhibit
                            >
                            >I haven't heard back from the organizers.  Will try reaching them
                            >again today.
                            >
                            >-----------------------------------------------------------------
                            >From: Bill Sudbrink
                            >[mailto:wh.sudbrink@...] Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:17
                            >AMTo: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE:
                            >[midatlanticretro] Another weekend, another cool MARCH
                            >exhibit
                            >
                            >Sellam Ismail wrote:> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Evan Koblentz
                            >wrote:> > > There are some issues to address first. It's a
                            >Friday - Sunday > > event, July 21-23, at a hotel in Manhattan. The
                            >panel is on> > Saturday. Nitzberg said he'll look into getting us a
                            >break on> > hotel rooms if we choose to stay for more than one day --
                            >even> > with a break hotel rooms in Manhattan are still
                            >expensive.> > The event room rate at the Hotel Pennsylvania (where
                            >the event is being > held) is $145/night, which is pretty good for
                            >downtown Manhattan across > from Madison Square Garden.> >
                            >> It's only five and a half weeks away so we'd have to work fast.>
                            >> I hope you guys decide to do it. It would be a fun opportunity.>
                            >> In the very least, I promise the panel I'm in will be
                            >entertaining.I there any further news on this?
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >



                            -- E N D --
                          • Sridhar Ayengar
                            ... I wouldn t mind coming. I could bring a Sol-20. Or maybe a VAXstation. Peace... Sridhar
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Evan Koblentz wrote:
                              > Hi all,
                              >
                              > I haven't heard back yet from the HOPE organizers about security, but
                              > the more I think about, the more I think we should just go for one of
                              > the three days (Saturday, which is the day of Sellam's panel)... this
                              > way we won't have to worry about security (since we can always have one
                              > or two people at the booth while others explore the show), nor will we
                              > have to spend $145 per person for rooms in the hotel (personally, I
                              > don't want to spend that much)... so this is the best solution I could
                              > think of.
                              >
                              > The people who volunteered are Bill Degnan, Kelly Leavitt, and Bill
                              > Sudbrink, in addition to myself. Anyone else? Let me know your plans
                              > as soon as possible. Seriously!
                              >
                              > As I wrote in the original message, what I think we should do is meet up
                              > someplace central and convenient here in NJ, and then all travel
                              > together in a rented full-sized van. (I called the hotel and they said
                              > a full-size van is the largest vehicle they can handle in the parking
                              > garage -- no box trucks allowed.)
                              >
                              > I propose that our meeting place should be Metropark. It's a major
                              > Amtrak station in Iselin, NJ., so people can arrive from far and wide.
                              > Those who drive in can safely park for just two dollars (can't beat
                              > that!), and MARCH will fund the rental cost of a large van. Then it's
                              > just a short drive (about 45-60 minutes) into Manhattan, depending on
                              > traffic.
                              >
                              > We could possibly rent two vans (or two SUVs, or whatever's necessary)
                              > if more people volunteer. Or we could bring the equipment in a van and
                              > the remaining people in someone's car.
                              >
                              > Feedback is welcome; more volunteers are urged!

                              I wouldn't mind coming. I could bring a Sol-20. Or maybe a VAXstation.

                              Peace... Sridhar
                            • Sellam Ismail
                              ... Bill, Although I ve never been to this event, the audience will likely be a mix of hackers, phreakers, and other similar miscreants, ranging in age from
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                              • 0 Attachment
                                On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, B Degnan wrote:

                                > I like the one day exhibit idea.
                                >
                                > Please define the total space for our group, so that we can determine
                                > what fraction each person will be allocated and the max number of
                                > possible persons who can get involved. Who will the audience be?
                                > Are we are expected to have working systems (and if so will there
                                > be power?).

                                Bill,

                                Although I've never been to this event, the audience will likely be a mix
                                of hackers, phreakers, and other similar miscreants, ranging in age from
                                early teens to late 50s, mostly men, and the majority of them probably
                                scraggly, nerdly, smelly, and unkempt...kind of like a VCF :)

                                I think the display will be much more successful if the computers are
                                working.

                                I still don't know the exact time and date of the panel. Hopefully it's
                                Saturday as we requested. The HOPE speaker committee promised to get back
                                to us by tomorrow with the schedule.

                                --

                                Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.vintage.org

                                [ Old computing resources for business || Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Computers ]
                                [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at http://marketplace.vintage.org ]
                              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.