Postpone workshop?

    Message 1 of 17 , May 15, 2014
      Should we postpone the workshop by one week to June 21-22? I'd like to be with my own father the Sunday of June 15.

      But, if we have the workshop the week after, then we have to use the smaller room with less electrical options (where we hold Festivus) vs. the bigger room with much more power.

      Or we can see about doing the week prior (June 7-8), although a few people already said that weekend is no good.

      Not sure what to do.....
    • billdeg
      Message 2 of 17 , May 15, 2014
        We can just have a one day thing, take it for what it is.
      • hornbetw
        Message 3 of 17 , May 16, 2014
          Moving it back a week would work better for me, but don't reschedule just on my account! :)
        • Ray Sills
          Message 4 of 17 , May 16, 2014
            Which way is "back"?? Earlier or Later? :)

            73 de Ray

            On May 16, 2014, at 4:36 PM, hornbetw@... [midatlanticretro]
            wrote:

            > Moving it back a week would work better for me, but don't reschedule
            > just on my account! :)

          • hornbetw
            Message 5 of 17 , May 16, 2014
              Later, (21st-22nd) I guess back is a tad ambiguous.

              Tom
            • billdeg
              Message 6 of 17 , May 17, 2014
                I have a mover scheduled to lift the VAX system out of a basement on the 13th, and plans the next day to trailer the system to InfoAge on the 14th.    Just saying.
                Message 7 of 17 , May 17, 2014
                  >> and plans the next day to trailer the system to InfoAge on the 14th.    Just saying.

                  No problem; still on regardless.
                • Jeffrey Brace

                    Message 9 of 17 , May 21, 2014
                      I just read through the responses again...
                      Wow there's no slam dunk here.
                      Most everyone is OK with a one day event.
                      A few of us like these to be 2 day events.
                      I'd like a two day event but 1 good day is fine with me also.
                      Jeff can't do Sat 14th.
                      Not sure if Tom can do the 14th but is ok with the next week.
                      Perhaps it would help us decide what this should be like
                      by deciding what our goals are- what personal and what club
                      equipment we'd like to work on, fix, refurb, etc.
                      I'm going to start a thread on that and see what falls out.
                      You've got a tough call Evan!
                      My input here is we have to nail this down or the fragmentation
                      of our availability will only get worse.
                    • ian_primus
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 21, 2014
                        Well, also, I mean - not a lot of us live real close to InfoAge. It's over a 3 hour drive for me to come out there - so, it would suck if it were a one day event. I mean, the date was set, it was going to be a two day thing, so I planned my schedule accordingly - now I wonder if it's worth trying to attend at all.

                        There are a few things I wanted to work on - like cleaning and imaging some of MARCH's disk packs for the PDP11, and building up some bootable media for the exhibit - but, that's a fair bit of work, and requires I lug a fair bit of my equipment - again, a one day event isn't condusive to that amount of setup.

                        -Ian
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 21, 2014
                          Let's keep the June 14-15 dates, due to most people being okay with at least June 14 and Bill Deg's /44 delivery to MARCH that day.

                          Not sure if I can personally be there on the 15th. If I can't then I will leave Jeff B. in charge of clean-up etc.
                        • dougmemphis
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 21, 2014
                            Seems that is the best choice.  So who be there on Sunday?
                            I'm thinking I will.  Maybe me and Jeff can work on something at least.
                          • corey986
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 21, 2014
                              Well I'll be there Saturday.... Sunday I'd be killed by the family. Cheers, Corey
                            • Bill Dromgoole
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 21, 2014

                                I plan on being there on both days.
                                I'd like to work on the cassette interface for the clubs Ohio Scientific computer.

                                Bill D

                                Message 15 of 17 , May 22, 2014
                                  >> Not sure if I can personally be there on the 15th.

                                  Update .... taking my dad out to dinner Friday night before, so I'll be around all weekend.
                                • dougmemphis
                                  Message 16 of 17 , May 22, 2014
                                    Nice move Evan!
                                  • Jeffrey Brace
                                    Message 17 of 17 , May 22, 2014
                                      >Jeff can't do Sat 14th.

                                      I will be there, but late like 7pm or 8pm. Not really the best time to *start* on something.

                                      Jeff Brace