who is dkdkk

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 14, 2006
      Free is better.  The bidding is off.

      who is dkdkk?

      bd

      At 04:57 PM 6/14/2006 -0400, you wrote:
      Guys, this is very generous, but really not necessary -- we're getting an even older machine donated soon, thanks to Herb Johnson's work with Claude Kagan.  So while two machines is better than one, please don't spend too much money on this second one.

      Bill, Kelly, Mike, and Jim -- I cc'd you guys seperately in case the list message is slow to post.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 14, 2006
        B. Degnan wrote:
        Free is better.  The bidding is off.

        who is dkdkk?

        Some person who it seems has many blank cheques for vintage computers.

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 14, 2006
          Yes, the other one is "in the bag" ... Claude says it's ours whenever we want to drive by with a van.

          Dkdkk is an infamous eBay buyer who notoriously jacks up prices for mysterious reasons.  His identity is loathed by the classiccmp crowd and was revealed a guy named Dennis Komisky about a year ago.  I think, but I'm not sure, that it's the same Dennis Komisky listed here: http://www.bluefiresecurity.com/aboutus_team.html#ck

          Guys, this is very generous, but really not necessary -- we're getting an even older machine donated soon, thanks to Herb Johnson's work with Claude Kagan.  So while two machines is better than one, please don't spend too much money on this second one.

          Bill, Kelly, Mike, and Jim -- I cc'd you guys seperately in case the list message is slow to post.

          Well, I'll throw in $40 just on the off chance we'll beat dkdkk. I have an account with stealthbid if we want to go that route. I'll pop in the bid at the last minute.

          Kelly

          > I work 15 miles from the punch. I will pick it up and drop it off at Info
          > Age next time I go there if we win. I can also volunteer to "snipe" the
          > auction Friday night. If I don't hear from anyone I will assume it's my job.

          It doesn't matter, any how. dkdkk will bid over $1000 on it. :-(

          Mike Loewen mloewen@... <mailto:mloewen%40cpumagic.scol.pa.us>
          The Dixie Lion Jazz Band http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html <http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html>
          The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014 http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/ <http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/>
          Old Technology http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/ <http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/>

        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 14, 2006
            On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > Dkdkk is an infamous eBay buyer who notoriously jacks up prices for
            > mysterious reasons. His identity is loathed by the classiccmp crowd and was
            > revealed a guy named Dennis Komisky about a year ago.

            He seems to be putting together some sort of private collection,
            specializing in big iron. The worst part is, beyond his supposedly
            unlimited bank account, is that no one has ever seen any of the stuff he
            buys, and the concern is we may never see it again.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 14, 2006
              let's pay him a visit. We can go to his consulting firm, create a diversion, and...

              slightly off topic...I once knew a man who would go to the local coin shop each day and buy the oldest coin the shop had.  He would then proceed to drop the coin into the sewer.  Finally they caught on about what he was doing and refused to sell him any more coins.  They had to drag him away kicking a screaming.  Some sort of compulsive disorder.  I was there to witness the event.  My point.. you never know why people do what they do.  This guy may be blissfully ignorant to the concern he's causing.  He just sits in his big room and polishes his stuff and feeds his cat.

              Bill

              At 05:49 PM 6/14/2006 -0400, you wrote:

              On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > Dkdkk is an infamous eBay buyer who notoriously jacks up prices for
              > mysterious reasons. His identity is loathed by the classiccmp crowd and was
              > revealed a guy named Dennis Komisky about a year ago.

              He seems to be putting together some sort of private collection,
              specializing in big iron. The worst part is, beyond his supposedly
              unlimited bank account, is that no one has ever seen any of the stuff he
              buys, and the concern is we may never see it again.

              Mike Loewenmloewen@...
              The Dixie Lion Jazz Bandhttp://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
              The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
              Old Technologyhttp://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
            • Sellam Ismail
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 15, 2006
                On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, B. Degnan wrote:

                > slightly off topic...I once knew a man who would go to the local coin
                > shop each day and buy the oldest coin the shop had. He would then
                > proceed to drop the coin into the sewer. Finally they caught on about
                > what he was doing and refused to sell him any more coins. They had to
                > drag him away kicking a screaming. Some sort of compulsive disorder.
                > I was there to witness the event. My point.. you never know why people
                > do what they do. This guy may be blissfully ignorant to the concern
                > he's causing. He just sits in his big room and polishes his stuff and
                > feeds his cat.

                Hey, where is this sewer into which he was dropping the coins? :)

                --

                Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 15, 2006
                  ~13th or 14th and chestnut. There is (or was) a coin store at the
                  corner.

                  At Thursday, 15 June 2006, you wrote:

                  >On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, B. Degnan wrote:
                  >
                  >> slightly off topic...I once knew a man who would go to the local
                  coin
                  >> shop each day and buy the oldest coin the shop had. He would then
                  >> proceed to drop the coin into the sewer. Finally they caught
                  on about
                  >> what he was doing and refused to sell him any more coins. They
                  had to
                  >> drag him away kicking a screaming. Some sort of compulsive disorder.

                  >> I was there to witness the event. My point.. you never know why
                  people
                  >> do what they do. This guy may be blissfully ignorant to the concern
                  >> he's causing. He just sits in his big room and polishes his stuff
                  and
                  >> feeds his cat.
                  >
                  >Hey, where is this sewer into which he was dropping the coins? :)
                  >
                  >--
                  >
                  >Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer
                  Festival
                  >International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.
                  vintage.org

                  >[ Old computing resources for business || Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage
                  Computers ]
                  >[ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at http://marketplace.
                  vintage.org ]

                  -- E N D --