Newtech Computer Systems - The music Box

  • dual_amd_athlon_mp
    Message 1 of 8 , May 12, 2014
    Does anyone ever saw, one of those, or anyone have the software that came with this box ?

    Just won an ebay auction of one.

    Thanks !

    Message 2 of 8 , May 12, 2014
      >> Does anyone ever saw, one of those, or anyone have the software that came with this box ?

      Welcome to the group. Please introduce yourself: name, general location, interests in vintage computing, how you found us.

      Attachments don't work well here. You are better off posting images online and then sharing links in your list messages.
    • dual_amd_athlon_mp
      Message 3 of 8 , May 12, 2014
        Hi,

        Sorry, for my rush! :)

        My Name is Angelo, I live in Somerville, MA, I'm a electronics and IT tech,
        From few years ago, I started to collect old computers and game consoles again, to remember the good old times, when I started back in 1987, with my CP-200 a brazilian ZX-81 clone , then after got several other machines, who got lost with the time :(.

        Now have back those I missed, and a lot others :)

        here are some of my High tech stuff !

        http://www.facebook.com/angelo.coelho/media_set?set=a.479626002080944.105247.100001006446174&type=3

        I just got this interface this morning on ebay, and I'm wondering If I'll be able to see it running again !

        Have a nice day folks !
      • Wesley Furr
        Message 4 of 8 , May 12, 2014
          The serial number is the best part...  :-)

          Never heard of it...I'm sure you've found it already, but look here, especially at the first comment - http://www.trs-80.org/orchestra-80/

          Wesley

          Message 5 of 8 , May 12, 2014
            I saw this link earlier, but they just give the reference, but no links at all for the software that came with the box !
          • Al Hartman
            Message 6 of 8 , May 12, 2014
              That first comment was left by me. I *might* have the TRS-80 Software here
              somewhere, but without having someone come and help me find it, I'm not
              going to be able to dig it out anytime soon. I can't climb ladders or lift
              the boxes it might be in.

              I don't even remember the port number that has to be changed to use the
              Orch-80 Software.

              Stewart has told people I sent to him that he no longer has the software,
              manuals, or any technical information about the Music Box. It was a product
              he stopped selling in 1981 or so. He has moved and downsized several times,
              and the Music Box material is long gone.

              Which system were you looking for the software for?

              -[ Al ]-
            • dual_amd_athlon_mp
              Message 7 of 8 , May 16, 2014
                I don't know what happened, I had post days ago, about the software for the box, and the post disappeared

                I think I found the software, but not sure.
                the software that came originaly with the box was the Orchestra ?

                I found the files, Orch.zip , Orch-80_(dmk).zip and Orchestra _85.zip.

                this weekend I'll copy those files to a floppy and see if they work .
                The box just arrived today !
              • alhartman
                Message 8 of 8 , May 17, 2014
                  Those files aren't the software for the Music Box. Those are for the Orch-80 adapter.

                  They can be made to work with the Music Box by making a minor change to the software.

                  But, I don't have those changes anymore.

                  -[ Al ]-