Re: [midatlanticretro] OTish: Selectric typewriter available

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 14, 2006
      Jim Scheef wrote:
      > Boyd,
      >
      > I agree it would be a nice addition sitting next to the keypunch. Can you
      > bring it to InfoAge?

      I wonder which would be louder?

      Cheers,

      Bryan
    • mmelnick
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 14, 2006
        Hey everyone. I probably have a few items I could contribute, but I don't
        really have a way of getting the stuff to the museum. Anyone got wheels to
        come pick up stuff and bring to NJ?

        -matt

        On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Jim Scheef wrote:

        > Boyd,
        >
        > I agree it would be a nice addition sitting next to the keypunch. Can you
        > bring it to InfoAge?
        >
        > Jim
        >
        > --- BOYD BORRILL <b.r.borrill@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Kelly, If you unload that one I have another. However, Mine already has the
        >> modifications and controller/translator box to connect it to a parallel
        >> port, and it still functions as a wide crriage, correcting Selectric. Sold
        >> A BUNCH OF THEM BACK WHEN IT WAS A MATRIX PRINTR, DAISY-WHELL PRINTER, THIS
        >> OR NOTHING. PRINTS 15 CHARACTERS PER SECOND AND USES A STANDARD OFFICE
        >> STYLE PRINT THINBLE. tHE INTERFACE BOX TRNSLATES FROM ASCII TO STANDARD
        >> SELECTRIC TILT-ROTATE CODES, AND DRIVES THE SOLINOIDS THAT MAAKE THE
        >> TILT-ROTATE MECHANISM TO DO THERE THING, PLUS THE SOLINOIDS FOR THE VARIOUS
        >> FUNCTION KEYS LIKE "INDEX", "TAB", "CR/LF, ETC.
        >> It was given to me by the widow of the guy I sold it to for use with a
        >> SOL-20 and an Apple IIE with which he wrote technical books and manuals. He
        >> didn't use it much and a friend of mine that services typewriters for a
        >> living told me that it has no more than a few thousnd characters of use on
        >> it. Anyone tha wants it can have it for the shipping cost and packaging.
        >> I'd estimate about $100.00 via FEDEX/KINKO's.
        >>
        >> Evan note: It would look great in the museum exhibits.:>)
        >>
        >> Ray
        >>

        >> Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
        >> Anyone want one of these lovely beasts? The big, heavy brown
        >> units. Weighs a ton. Free if you come get it. There were conversion kits
        >> for turning them into printers going back quite a few years.
        >>
        >> Kelly
        >>

        >> Pioneer Purveyor of Personal Processing Power

      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 14, 2006
          Where are you located?

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 14, 2006
            Bushwick Brooklyn

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 14, 2006
              Matt, thanks for joining our group.

              Please also describe what you have to donate, so that we can figure out the necessary transportation .... thanks!

              New members are also encouraged to introduce themselves.   :)

              Message-----
              href="mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com">midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com on behalf of mmelnick
              > Sent: Wed 6/14/2006 11:18 AM
              > To:
              href="mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com">midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com

              > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] OTish: Selectric typewriter
              available

              > Hey everyone. I probably have a few
              items I could contribute, but I don't
              > really have a way of getting the
              stuff to the museum. Anyone got wheels to
              > come pick up stuff and bring
              to NJ?

              wrote:

              > > Boyd,
              > >
              > > I agree it would be
              a nice addition sitting next to the keypunch. Can you
              > > bring it to
              InfoAge?

              <kelly@catcorner. org <mailto:kelly% 40catcorner. org> > wrote:

              Anyone want one of these lovely beasts? The big, heavy brown

              units. Weighs a ton. Free if you come get it. There were conversion kits
              > >> for turning them into printers going back quite a few years.
              > >>
              > >> Kelly
              > >>

              > >> Pioneer Purveyor of
              Personal Processing Power

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 14, 2006
                Most people just call him "Ray", not Boyd.... fyi....